cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Three season rigs 32-35 feet?

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, everyone. We're thinking of returning to the fifth wheel fold.

We like NF and state parks and dry boondocking, don't want to be limited too much in site selection, thus 35' overall cap. Need big tanks, good insulation, heated basement and tanks, dual pane windows.

Arctic Fox is the obvious first pick in our minds, with the fly in the ointment being we're on the east coast, no dealers in this region. So far I'm having little success finding shorter rigs with the features we want in the east. Any other brands available in the east that I've overlooked? Plenty of big rig options, but we don't want a forty footer.

AF 29-5

Thank you for your suggestions.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...
8 REPLIES 8

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
It is disappointing and a bit expensive to travel and then โ€œnotโ€ purchase an RV. By the time we purchased our present (used) unit, we made at least 4 separate trips, totaling several thousand miles, to get exactly what we wanted. If your purchasing new, and have done your homework, one trip should cover the purchase. Besides, a shopping trip/vacation to the west....ainโ€™t all that bad!
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ducttape, that AF 29-5K is much the same floor plan as our 2005 Copper Canyon, we love the floor plan just wish we were built as well as the AF. It is likely what we will move to once we wear out the Copper Canyon.
You might find the closest highly rated AF dealer and make the pickup a travel adventure
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
we have the Grand Design 303 fifth wheel. have had it down to 18* and only issue was a line under in the underbelly got froze and that was due to insulation being moved during some warranty work. We have camped in cold and hot and it does very well. We are considering moving up to the Solitude 344 GK. You can also tour the factories in and around Elkhart Indiana. Good Luck & Be Safe.

millesecond
Explorer
Explorer
Have looked at Vanleigh. They make a nice 34 footer. they are new to fifth wheels but have been building motorhomes for many years (Tiffen).
2011 GMC 3500
2004 HH Champagne 35sk

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a AF in summer.Drove to Boise ID to pick it up. Saved bunch of $. They make a 27 but was to small for us. Bought a 35Z for 62$K. Coudent pass the deal up. 29T or K is pushing the 3/4 ton area. I bought a 1 ton DRW its 14K dry.

Good luck

They make nice units but not perfect

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
East your looking at Montana's, Bighorns, and maybe a Grand Design or Jayco. You know, all the usual suspects.

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
We're thinking new, but would consider used in top notch condition. The thing with buying used is distance; maybe travel a thousand miles to inspect one and then it's not what you hoped... I've seen a lot of RV's looking good in photos but less so in person.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming that you're talking new?

If you're willing to look at used, this Citation Supreme definitely fits the bill. This is the model that we have; they are four season, Canadian built and were guaranteed to -30C. The winter package includes thermal pane windows, residential dual pane skylights, heated basement, 2 furnaces, etc.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes