cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toy Hauler Flooring

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked up a 2007 Sierra Sport 26 foot toy hauler for cheap. The trailer is having the cracking decals removed and being completely buffed out tomorrow. Will paint the cabinets later this week along with resealing to roof and replacing the awning vinyl.

The flooring is old sheet vinyl that is just...unappealing. Looking at removing the sheet vinyl and laying down the Traffic Master peel and stick from Home Depot. Has anyone done it? It doesn't seem like it would be difficult. I've seen some videos where people have put it down right on top of the existing vinyl. Any recommendations or input?

This is the flooring I'm looking at
https://www.homedepot.com/p/TrafficMASTER-Grey-Distressed-Wood-Multi-Width-Look-6-in-x-36-in-Peel-and-Stick-Vinyl-Plank-36-sq-ft-case-WD6098/303417814
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP
3 REPLIES 3

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't use peel and stick. I can see problems from the heat.
I do agree with removing the old vinyl.
My choice would be vinyl plank flooring that snaps together. I didn't use it in the RV yet but, I put some in the S&B. Very easy to install and holds up well. Plus it looks good.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
My biggest concern with the peel and stick would be temperature changes. If the floor and the sticky vinyl do not expand and contract at the same speed you could end up with gaps or lifting sheets. I would lean towards the click together vinyl that floats. Leave space along the edges and cover that space with shoe molding.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put down something very similar from Lumber Liquidators in our toyhauler. We put it down over the rubber flooring and it works very well. I'm sure if the old flooring isn't pulling up or peeling you'd be fine.

Here's what ours looks like:
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"