cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer lights

charlan
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to remember how to turn on the trailer lights without hooking up to the truck, anyone have the info. Thanks
2008 LMM GMC 3500 SLT 4X4 HD LB Duramax 6.6 Turbo Diesel Dually Hijacker 4 Way Pivot, Integrated controler,
2004 Prowler Regal Advantage AX6 36.5 FLTS
5 REPLIES 5

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is another view of what was shown already above...

I have done this on a few ocassions to light up around the trailer. It will run your trailer battery down if you leave on for a long time if you are not connected to shore power.

There is a company that sells a RVGLOW plug-in to your 7-way trailer plug that does the same thing...

You can also very easily plug in a standard ATC type automotive type fuse in this connection plug. I would use a 15AMP fuse I guess... Each of those automotive incandescent bulbs will probably draw at least 1AMP each.

Some folks have wired in a permanent wiring from the 7-way trailer cable junction box to a wall switch inside the trailer door to turn these running lights on. This is a great feature to have when emergency services folks have been called to come to your trailer and would help in identifying which trailer to come to to.

I suspect you get some nasty comments from other neighbor campers if all of your trailer running light are flashing all night...

Please be neighborly...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
I carry a little kit that lets me jump power to the running lights, or jump a flasher to the tail-lights, just in case I ever have to leave it on the side of the road without the truck. Don't plan to, but you never know. When I'm not so lazy I'll hardwire to some switches in the basement.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Use a standard 2 prong flasher to have them blink. Plug into the same two pins.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Just stick a 15a blade type fuse between pins 3 and 4.

Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

ut_pupcamper
Explorer
Explorer
You jump pins #3 and #4 on the harness. Some just use a 12 gauge wire some a fuse. I think they also sell an adapter to do it as well.
Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie ๐Ÿ™‚

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19