cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two pinhole leaks

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Crusader. Water in the storage compartment. Pull panels away to give access to water inlet and pipes.OMG never seen a spaghetti of T & elbow connectors. I found 2 pinhole leaks. pipes attached by metal crimps not easy to remove. Solution, purchased plumbers silicone stretch tape. Fixed the leak. Had the idea to replace most pipes and T & elbow sections at a time to prevent other leaks. Looking at the complexity decided to leave things alone and fix them one at time if it occurs again. RV has hot water heater, outside & inside shower, bathroom sink, kitchen sink. That is all yet it looks like a maze. Plus some of the spaghetti plumbing is not easy accessible. I read pinhole leaks can be caused by a few things. Are pinhole leaks common in RV's less than ten years old.
2018 Prime Time Crusader 29RS
4 REPLIES 4

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
Just curious, why not use the โ€œ shark bite โ€œ push in connectors?

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips. Have the cutters and pex pipe. Need to buy the crimp and crimp tool. The piping there now is the clear braided white & redish. I assume I can replace that with regular blue pex (cold) red pex (hot). I was told in RV's Pex is an attractor for Rodents...

Cut the T off, cut off section pinholes, reattach. Probably do this one part see how it goes, not keen on replacing sections where no leaks (yet). I had TT for 12 years never had pinhole, pipe leak, many other things not those. This has me curious because told acidic water won't harm pex or braided pipe, only copper. Guess that not true. High water pressure and winterization failure can cause pinhole leaks.
2018 Prime Time Crusader 29RS

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Suggest getting the tool kit from Amazon , includes the crimp tool , crimp rings , and pipe cutter . Buy some blue ,and red pex pipe and replace or splice the bad sections . The stuff is easy to work with. Most likely all your plumping is 1/2โ€ .

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Likely due to corrossive water and as such expect more leaks. Tape sounds like a band aid fix, take pictures and identiy the type of connector for replacement. Also suggest using better water.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob