cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under belly removel 2009 Montana 5th Wheel

grizz02
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed a leak on the right side if standing behind looking at camper behind axel I'm thinking grey water tank looking for best way to remove under belly and if anyone has had this problem. Also saw that Gas line is getting pretty rusted has anyone replaced one of these. Thanks for any tips
7 REPLIES 7

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most underbelly is lightweight corrugated plastic. Yeah, it can take a second set of hands to maneuver it around for reinstall. I am not a big fan of cutting holes, as the effort to properly patch seems to be more than just dropping the belly, and you always seem to need more holes than originally thought. So slide on under with your screw gun and get to unscrewing.
I assume the gas line that is rusting is the black pipe section, if the rust isn't real bad, just sand the rust off, and paint with some good quality paint (brush or spray).

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Or an inspection camera

https://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-61839.html
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
grizz02 wrote:
I noticed a leak on the right side if standing behind looking at camper behind axel I'm thinking grey water tank looking for best way to remove under belly and if anyone has had this problem. Also saw that Gas line is getting pretty rusted has anyone replaced one of these. Thanks for any tips

2 ways to go about this. One, assuming you have the plastic coroplast underbelly, simply cut a small inspection hole on 3 sides (uncut side to the front) and take a look around to see where the leak is coming from. You can either then enlarge the hole to work on the leak or remove the entire sheet. "Fix" the hole using Eternabond or Gorilla tape. Two, simply unscrew an entire sheet of the belly covering. Will likely take a couple people to maneuver it, though.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
I was forced to remove the sheet metal underbelly on my Travel Supreme when I had a leak. Cut it open, did the repair and using boards across the frame I used sheet metal screws and put it back together. I used kid around saying that the underbelly looked like Frankenstein! lol
2008 Mobil Suites 36TK3, powerstroke one ton dually.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
grizz02 wrote:

I have removed the underbelly on my 2008 to replace a hydraulic line. Its not that difficult, basically removing a bunch of screws. It's the laying on your back thats the fun part.

They install black pipe ,so they do get rusty pretty quick. I would think it would take quite awhile for those pipes to give you any trouble or rust thru. I have a natural gas line stubbed out on my patio for the BBQ, thats pretty rusty after nearly 18 years. Not worried about the rust at this point.

grizz02
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts search this Forum for `under belly' possibly limiting your search to Fifth-Wheels.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)