cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using The B&W Companion Slider

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Brought my new GD Reflection 303RLS home yesterday - towing with RAM short bed and a B&W Companion manual slider. Needed to slide the the trailer back to get into driveway, so I moved the lever and eased on the gas, but not a lot of sliding.

So I applied the trailer brakes by squeezing the brake controller and them moved ahead slowly until it slid back and locked in. I didn't anticipate having to slide it until I got home, so hadn't consulted the manual - but doing so afterwards, not a lot of instruction on actually using it while connected.

Did I do this correctly, or is there a better way?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
9 REPLIES 9

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
markc wrote:
laknox wrote:
I have zero slider experience, but I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn, so I can tell you that you did it correctly. :B

Lyle

Like the John Deere A !!

Thanks! Sadly, it no longer looks as good as it did in the pics I have on my FB page. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

tanger
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone. I have a 2014 Ram 2500 with the ramboxes. I'm currently pulling a 33ft fourwinds travel trailer. We would like to buy a fifth wheel, but I want to be sure I can get the right setup for the hitch. Has anyone had success with that. I was told to use B&W turnoverball gooseneck hitch and add a B&W companion hitch with slider for the short bed. Any thoughts or pic's would be appreciated.

GHop
Explorer
Explorer
Never had to use my slider but I would have done just what you did, great job. Be safe and happy travel.
G.H.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
You did exactly what I have done many times and it works fine!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

markc
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
I have zero slider experience, but I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn, so I can tell you that you did it correctly. :B

Lyle

Like the John Deere A !!
Wildcat 327 RE 5th-wheel
F-250 KR-CC 4x4 PSD

And a Yellow Lab "Sunny"

sbergherr
Explorer
Explorer
If I remember correctly the actual instructions state to chock the wheel and hold the trailer brakes and slowly extend/retract the hitch during sliding procedure.

Sounds like exactly what I would have done to me....

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Nice thing about a B&W, is customer service. A quick call to them, gets a real person, that has the answers, or will quickly connect you to someone that will answer any question.

While I don't have a slider, it seems that you did it correctly.

Jerry
Good idea - thanks!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Nice thing about a B&W, is customer service. A quick call to them, gets a real person, that has the answers, or will quickly connect you to someone that will answer any question.

While I don't have a slider, it seems that you did it correctly.

Jerry