cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Walmart parking

nhshep
Explorer
Explorer
New signs at Walmart NH. No Truck or RV parking. I asked the manager why the signs. He said complaints, RV's had awning out, also company is not accepting risk & liability to Truck or RV damage after hours because of social protest. I asked is this just this Walmart, he said no.

Could not attach picture. Trend of the times or local to State/region.
2018 Prime Time Crusader 29RS
11 REPLIES 11

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
laknox wrote:
I've seen where people say the "etiquette" is to not even put slides out. I =have= to put all 3 out or I can't access the rear =or= the bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle

Don't walmart camp but access to bed bathroom and kitchen with slides in is a must have.

I agree and that requirement eliminates a vast number of floor plans with slides. Makes shopping easier IMO. Life is good.

Agree, but only concerning the bathroom. Otherwise, too many great floorplans would be eliminated from consideration.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
laknox wrote:
I've seen where people say the "etiquette" is to not even put slides out. I =have= to put all 3 out or I can't access the rear =or= the bed. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle

Well, if you feel the need to not follow what is accepted as "etiquette", understand you might be the reason for limits on all RVers.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
laknox wrote:

Lyle

Don't walmart camp but access to bed bathroom and kitchen with slides in is a must have.

I agree and that requirement eliminates a vast number of floor plans with slides. Makes shopping easier IMO. Life is good.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
laknox wrote:

Lyle

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a DP like that once Lyle--it lasted a year but in that year I never once parked in a Wal Mart. I parked in a truck stop but could access the back with one slide part way out. You resting or camping?

laknox
Nomad
Nomad

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some also think it a Free Dumping station into the storm drains
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cptnvideo wrote:
The few that put out awnings, grills, etc or stay for multiple nights ruin it for everyone else.
That's the way it's always been in everything, the 10% will ruin it for the 90%. The first thing I learned about WalMart stopping, It's NOT a Campground, it's a place to stop and grab a few hours sleep and back on the road. Unfortunately everyone doesn't seem to understand that.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have noticed 2 Wal Martโ€™s here are about full of big trucks and a few campers. Lots of trucks some even dropping trailers. Donโ€™t think log or gravel trucks are making deliveries

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
The few that put out awnings, grills, etc or stay for multiple nights ruin it for everyone else.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I still see a few old and new RVs parked overnight at a Reno Walmart. Never many and no awnings or chairs or grills on display.