cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
bedrocker wrote:
Lemon pledge takes off bugs great
while waxing at the same time always
have a can when touring the Harley

I'll give that a try next time, the drier sheets work much better than just soap & water, kinda melts the bugs off.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
Lemon pledge takes off bugs great
while waxing at the same time always
have a can when touring the Harley

cwill925
Explorer
Explorer
NeverHome2 wrote:
The absolute best bug remover: Simple Green! I hate to leave the secret out of the bag but just spray it on, (full strength), let it sit for 5 minutes, brush with water and rinse. Voila! No more bugs.

Not only does it remove bugs, it peels off your graphics. Be careful with products like this, they can cause the vinyl stick-on graphics to harden, curl and peel off.
Chuck Williams
2015 Raptor 412-TS
2006 Freightliner M2-112 Sportchassis
BMW K1600 GTL, Honda Rebel or a Smart Car in the Toyhauler.

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
NeverHome2 wrote:
The absolute best bug remover: Simple Green! I hate to leave the secret out of the bag but just spray it on, (full strength), let it sit for 5 minutes, brush with water and rinse. Voila! No more bugs.

Thanks for the tip, I've tried the dryer sheet method, still a lot of elbow grease involved. I always thought though that simple green was hard on the finish?? I'm probably just assuming and you know what that means. ๐Ÿ˜‰

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Nothing. We don't pick it up until Friday. But the F350 got her new airbags installed today.

We're almost ready. ๐Ÿ™‚

NeverHome2
Explorer
Explorer
Lovin' Life!!!!

2005 HR Endeavor

Norcalrockhunte
Explorer
Explorer
Went next door to check out our new Garage TV cabinet SWEET!!! looking cant wait to install it
I'll post pix later on it

Norcalrockhunte
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Norcalrockhunter wrote:
I must have srubbed the front cap for at least an hour or so to get all the dead smashed bugs off,

Try using a drier sheet dipped in water, bugs come right off. I know it sounds weird but it works. Gotta wax it after that though. The wax won't keep the bugs from sticking but they'll come off easier next time. I usually go over it with the brush/soap first, then break out the drier sheets to get the rest of the stubborn ones off.

I will have to try that,
I think I had bugs embedded in the front cap! LOL

I'm also having a cabinet made for the TV in the garage area. Our TV was just mounted to the wall and I just could not handle the wires and cables just hanging there, just looked so un finished
I want to also change out the mounting system for the TV's all 3 of them, I'm looking for one that has a tilt feature and looking to put central vac system in

nvreloader
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a 12v HOT wire to the inside of Norcold N821 reefer,(which has a hidden Magnetic door switch for the inside light,that turns off the power/light when the door is closed),so I could mount the small double reefer fans, for better cooling of the inside during the hot weather.

Reguired 2 holes 1/8" or smaller, the only difference is 5 wires inside, instead of 4 wires comning from the over head lite base.
Don
2010 F-350,6.4PSD, 6spd man trans,CC,SWB,SRW, Caravan camper shell,50 gal bed tank,17,000lb Husky WD hitch,Northwoods 2008 28KS Desert Fox Toy Hauler,2005 Honda 500 Rubicon ATV w/rumble seat,1 Aussie waiting,watching and ridin shotgun on the whole outfit.

MadMav
Explorer
Explorer
Left over crest wrote:
rcpd34 wrote:
Left over crest wrote:
This is a great thread! Today I went and had my hauler sprayed with bed liner material. I did the roof, ramp, part of the inside where toys go and the front. I found this place called Bullet Liner in Oceanside, CA and for the price I think this is one of the best investments I've made next to my new yamaha. Call these guys and check them out, I talked to Tim the owner 760 439 2969

Interesting idea. Do you have a rubber roof? How well did it adhere? So no more treating the roof? What did it cost and can you post pics?

No I had a painted roof and I'm not really sure how they made it stick but I can tell you I tried to peal the corner just to see how well it did stick and almost ripped my thumb nail off LOL! (note to self, don't do this again). it cost me around 1,500.00 bucks but i think that money will prolong my trailers life for several years....I'll try and get some photos up....

How big is your trailer?

Mav
"A fifth wheel trailer is a bi-level towable mobile home."

2BlueHeelers
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
Norcalrockhunter wrote:
I must have srubbed the front cap for at least an hour or so to get all the dead smashed bugs off,

Try using a drier sheet dipped in water, bugs come right off. I know it sounds weird but it works. Gotta wax it after that though. The wax won't keep the bugs from sticking but they'll come off easier next time. I usually go over it with the brush/soap first, then break out the drier sheets to get the rest of the stubborn ones off.

Or

spray on/wipe off
2008 Phaeton 36QSH

Norcalrockhunte
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Norcalrockhunter wrote:
Decided to wash the Fuzion and detail it from top to bottom, It took a day and a half to do it this time, Well we also did the truck too. I must have srubbed the front cap for at least an hour or so to get all the dead smashed bugs off, I polished it and then waxed it real good so maybe this time they will not stick, but I dought it. Finally decided to move the Fuzion from our from drive way to a covered storage place, I think this is a smart idea as my drive way is not covered. Made a list of things I need to take care of in the next few weeks as I could be busy

What kind of wax did you use? Do you wax over the decals?

I used 3M Perfect It cutting compound on the noise first then went back over with a foam glaze to remove the swirls, then went back over with a wax Dupont Teflon, and I only did the cap and sides with that not the decals or doors I used a mist and shine kind of wax,
On the bottom of the trailer (black area) I used the same mist and shine stuff, the wheels I used the meguiars tires dressing, the roof I just wash it and scrubbed it with meguiars car wash and wax

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Norcalrockhunter wrote:

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Great_Danes
Explorer
Explorer
We took the Fuzion out camping this past weekend and one thing I was gonna do on Saturday is install a piece of plexiglass about 24" tall on the sliding screen door that separates the garage from the rest of the trailer. The purpose of the plexi is to keep my Dogs from ripping the screen in order to come into the living quarters at night. Well on Friday night I closed the screen door (without the plexi installed yet cuz I was gonna do it on Saturday) and around 2am I was greeted by a big sloppy kiss from my dogs... now I have to replace the screen too!!
Cheers,
GD

2011 F350 Crewcab Lariat 4x4 6.7L PSD
2010 Fuzion 302 TE II

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Norcalrockhunter wrote:
Decided to wash the Fuzion and detail it from top to bottom, It took a day and a half to do it this time, Well we also did the truck too. I must have srubbed the front cap for at least an hour or so to get all the dead smashed bugs off, I polished it and then waxed it real good so maybe this time they will not stick, but I dought it. Finally decided to move the Fuzion from our from drive way to a covered storage place, I think this is a smart idea as my drive way is not covered. Made a list of things I need to take care of in the next few weeks as I could be busy

What kind of wax did you use? Do you wax over the decals?