cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Came across this thread a few weeks ago and thought what the Heck, I'll take a peek...RV A/C

Glad I did. Was full of dirt from the dusty conditions in the dez. Used a pump sprayer with dawn and hot water with an old paint brush. Can actually see the cross tubes in the eveap coil now.

On a side note, my rig is 5 yrs old with carrier A/C units on top. Instead of a metal cover like the durotherm unit, carrier uses a snap inplace plastic cover. It appears that there is not much UV protection in the plastic they used. I was lucky to get it removed and reinstalled without snapping off any locking tabs. It also has four holddown screws but the plastic there is getting bad also. Think I'll leave it alone for another 5 years. It will surely fall apart then ๐Ÿ˜ž
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
BigJon05 wrote:
I think the car alarm is next for me. This should allow the lot owner to hopefully hear it and react. I thought of putting in a flamable spray can and bbq ignitor but figured I'd get in trouble.

Make sure it has its own power supply, they will just rip some wires off the coach battery.
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Hex head bolts and cut a short 1" piece of pipe and welded a washer on one end, that makes the head of the hex bolt countersunk. Then a nyloc nut on the other end.
If they have the right size hex wrench its not going to slow them down, but it does mean they can't use pliers or vise grips to hold it.
I have used "wheel Lock nuts" on 1/2" bolts (fine thread).
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BigJon05
Explorer
Explorer
I think the car alarm is next for me. This should allow the lot owner to hopefully hear it and react. I thought of putting in a flamable spray can and bbq ignitor but figured I'd get in trouble.
2007 3924 Raptor
03 F350 PSD longbed, 6" fabtec, BFG 35, airbags and compressor
09 Can-am Outlander 800 max xt ltd
07 Can-am Outlander 650 max xt

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could you use wheel lug nut locks for nuts to hold down the genny?
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

mapguy
Explorer
Explorer
BigJon05 wrote:
The place we store our trailer has had 3 generators stolen lately so I took mine home this weekend to try and figure out how to deter/stop them from stealing mine. It appears that there only 4 5/8 bolts holding it in place. The only thing I could come up with to slow them down is replace those bolts with allen head bolts, red locktite and then apoxy in the allen head holes and put axel grease over the top of that. If they really want it i'm sure they will still pry it our but hopefully it will make them want to go on to an easier one.
I am thinking of installing a cheap car alarm with switches on all of the external compartments just to scare them and alert the lot owner that lives next door....

I have welded PIPE CAPS over bolt heads before to deter theft on winches and other equipment that is easily unbolted for the wind to take away.

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Move my daughter stuff to Tavares, Fl (she is new nurse looking for a job). I had so much stuff in the TH I could reach the bathroom and the bed.

Stopped at the Florida Welcome Center and camped for the night.

After unloading the TH, diesel mileage went from 7.9-8.0 to 9.4-9.5!
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society

BigJon05
Explorer
Explorer
The place we store our trailer has had 3 generators stolen lately so I took mine home this weekend to try and figure out how to deter/stop them from stealing mine. It appears that there only 4 5/8 bolts holding it in place. The only thing I could come up with to slow them down is replace those bolts with allen head bolts, red locktite and then apoxy in the allen head holes and put axel grease over the top of that. If they really want it i'm sure they will still pry it our but hopefully it will make them want to go on to an easier one.
I am thinking of installing a cheap car alarm with switches on all of the external compartments just to scare them and alert the lot owner that lives next door....
2007 3924 Raptor
03 F350 PSD longbed, 6" fabtec, BFG 35, airbags and compressor
09 Can-am Outlander 800 max xt ltd
07 Can-am Outlander 650 max xt

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a puzzled face, trying to figure out how your going to get that motorcycle up the steps and through the door to the rear bedroom of that class A!
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled most everything out of it and started cleaning things up.
Need it ready for the Viewfinders GP.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

sc3283
Explorer
Explorer
Well we pulled in with the Class A Sat evening...the toyhauler didn't make a frowny face as of yet...LOL
04 D-Max Crew Dually

96 Monaco Dynasty 36'

Norcalrockhunte
Explorer
Explorer
fitted the fender flare, hooked up there TH and took it back storage for now

cmoecmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the roof with murphy's oil soap and Spic 'n Span.

Easiest roof cleaning ever...
Craig & Annette
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2014 300x12 XLR Toy Hauler
2008 Harley Ultra Classic

jbc28
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled it home from the CG and cleaned it from top to bottom (including roof) and inside. Also did some recaulking.
2018 F450 Lariat Ultimate
2019 Momentum 381M

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
wvabeer wrote:
I raised the height of my power bed/dinette from 58 to 67 inches to accomodate an Arctic Cat Wildcat Wildcat

NICE!
Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380