cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Window screen replacement

Traveling_Teech
Explorer
Explorer
I need a new window screen replacement for my 97 Layton skyline like. Window is 40x 40. The screen fitting to the lower half is 40x17 in a half or so.i can't find where to look for one anywhere. Any help appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8

Traveling_Teech
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys for helpful info. I'll try to take this in the hardware store and ask around too.

Bobz89013
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling Teechers wrote:
I'm all for replacing myself I do it all myself...my problem is the frame of the screen has a rubber edge that does not sit flush with the window so it's like a leaking gasket that is letting bugs in. Harvester Ants are swarming where I'm at and its really uncomfortable. It's really sad that my only solution seems to be contacting a custom window shop. There is little industry for such common problems in RV. Everything is expensive. Thanks.

You can pick up the entire kit at any hardware store to make a new screen frame and all. It is done with straight cuts and put together with the supplied corners. Like I said above I used a shade cloth to help block the sun or you can use regular screen.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Traveling Teechers wrote:
I'm all for replacing myself I do it all myself...my problem is the frame of the screen has a rubber edge that does not sit flush with the window so it's like a leaking gasket that is letting bugs in. Harvester Ants are swarming where I'm at and its really uncomfortable. It's really sad that my only solution seems to be contacting a custom window shop. There is little industry for such common problems in RV. Everything is expensive. Thanks.

The rubber seal has to be available at a RV supply house.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bobz89013
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to find the spline in various sizes at a hardware store. When I had to do ours I replaced the screen with a shade cloth and had to go thinner with the spline. I liked it so much I did the screen door with it to keep the sun out but the breeze in.

Traveling_Teech
Explorer
Explorer

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on replacing screen yourself. I've done 2 of them myself and it's a breeze to replace the screen.

All you need is a roll of screening and rubber insert if that needs replacement also and that 2 headed screen tool. ALL found at walmart.

You do NOT have to go to a "RV" place to have the screen replaced. Its not RV rocket science its just a frame and screen! :B:W

Many Ace Hardware stores replace screen. Or just google screen replacement in your local town.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
your dealer can get that for you.

redhooker
Explorer
Explorer
If the screen frame is intact, you may be able to re-screen with standard repair kit. If the frame is not repairable finding an exact replacement might be tougher but possible if you contact an RV window replacement manufacturer. Penensula Glass is one over on the left coast.