cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

Blackcell
Explorer
Explorer
It's one of those scenes of "I gotta see it to believe it". You may be perfectly legal but an F150 would not make it or last very long around my location. Personally, I like my truck to man handle the trailer and not the other way around. Just my opinion. I will say I now have alittle more respect for the F150, though I still get better mpg with my 1 ton than you :-).
2009 Carriage Cameo 35SB3, 12.4K dry, 36' Fiver
2012 F350 6.7L 4x4 Lariat Ultimate FX4, Chrome package, Nav, SRW, CC, LB, 11.5K GVWR, 3.55 ELA, 20" wheels, Toyo AT II, Mor/ryde pin box, Husky 26K hitch
United States Navy Combat Veteran

Buck50HD
Explorer
Explorer
mark5w wrote:
A favor to ask? Next time you tow with it let us know when and where?

Do I sense a diesel snob.:@

Just make sure you adjust your trailer brakes properly and you'll be just as safe or safer than most 3/4-1 tons out there. For some reason, even though you are within your ratings and it handles great, it's still a problem because it has F150 on the side. Somehow a fully 3/4 ton is safer than a fully loaded F150HD. You can ask how to get a dually to stop porpoising and get nothing but support but get criticized for talking about an F150 towing a 5th wheel legally.
New: 2014 F250 Lariat 6.2 Crew 4x4 3.73 156", 2725 lb payload
Old: 2012 F150 XLT ECO Screw 157" 4x4 3.73LS Max Tow HD Payload, 2171 lb payload
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 285BH (7750/8800lb, 1400/1700pin, dry/loaded)

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer

Do I sense a diesel snob.:@
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
mark5w wrote:
Yes, please show us some pics with the gear up!! Seriously, 9700 lbs, dry & 2000 lbs dry pin weight on a F150!! I'm not the weight police, but that is criminal. Not only are you gonna get pushed all over the road, your gonna bend & break that truck.

Report:

Weight by cat scale are all within tolerance

Traveled a 200 mile round trip on combination of back hilly roads and interstate. Do not get pushed all over the road. Tracks and pulls perfectly.

If this trailer breaks my truck then all older f250 should have broke by now. About the same ratings as pre 2006 f250

Got about 10 mpg on my trip.

All in all NO problem towing with f150.

Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Buckeye Chuck wrote:
On the yellow/white sticker located on the driver's side door or pillar. It states the max. combined weight of occupants and cargo for your specific truck. Do you mind telling us what that is? Also what is the GRAWR that is shown on the white sticker nearby. This info should settle any misconceptions.
I'm glad to here it towed well for you.

Max combined weight sticker: 17,100
GVWR: 8200
Max payload: 2390
GAWR
Front 4050
REar 4800

CAT SCALE:

Loaded 5th, included 50 gallons of water:
CAT scale results: Steer axel 3950
Drive axel 4710
Trailer axel 7810
Gross weight 16470

That included full tank of gas, myself, my wife,
Chloe our 13 lb Westie and a stocked trailer.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Buckeye_Chuck
Explorer
Explorer
On the yellow/white sticker located on the driver's side door or pillar. It states the max. combined weight of occupants and cargo for your specific truck. Do you mind telling us what that is? Also what is the GRAWR that is shown on the white sticker nearby. This info should settle any misconceptions.
I'm glad to hear it towed well for you.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.5ft. bed, 6.2L, 3:73 Gears
2013 Sabre 33CKTS-6

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
deleted

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, please show us some pics with the gear up!! Seriously, 9700 lbs, dry & 2000 lbs dry pin weight on a F150!! I'm not the weight police, but that is criminal. Not only are you gonna get pushed all over the road, your gonna bend & break that truck.

Report:

Weight by cat scale are all within tolerance

Traveled a 200 mile round trip on combination of back hilly roads and interstate. Do not get pushed all over the road. Tracks and pulls perfectly.

If this trailer breaks my truck then all older f250 should have broke by now. About the same ratings as pre 2006 f250

Got about 10 mpg on my trip.

All in all NO problem towing with f150.

greatwhitenort1
Explorer
Explorer
Mike E. wrote:
Blackcell wrote:
Great looking Crossroads Patriot! Don't think I've ever seen a F150 tow a fiver that large & heavy!! I'm amazed how level it sits. Really impressive paint job. Like to know how she pulls on a 6% grade.

Agree....great looking trailer.
Would like to see how it looks with the front landing gear raised....so curious.

Mike

deleted-2
Explorer
Explorer
rusty_poth wrote:
Kool Cougar pic...

Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, and our shakedown run is this weekend!

Nice fiver!
Great trailers...I really like name Cougar too.
Awesome...

Hope the shakedown goes well...
Regards!
jim

kenn209
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Cougar Rusty!
2008 Ford F350 DRW Lariat
2010 Cougar 318SAB
Husky 16K slider hitch,

Reed & Carol

ut_pupcamper
Explorer
Explorer
9000# dry weight?! Inquiring minds want to know.
Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie ๐Ÿ™‚

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19

rusty_poth
Explorer
Explorer

Picked it up a couple of weeks ago, and our shakedown run is this weekend!
Retired 22 years Regular Force (Army/Air Force), 3 years Army Reserves.

2004 Dodge 1 Ton 5.9 Cummins, 2004 Thor Jazz 3100XL 5th Wheel.

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Agree....great looking trailer.
Would like to see how it looks with the front landing gear raised....so curious.

Mike

Drops about 2 1/4 inches when legs retracted. Have Roadmaster Active Suspension waiting to be put on when I have time. That will keep it totally level.

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
another cant post.... bazillion attempts...amazing software.

width=640'>
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat