cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your Rig

RVcrazed51
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to give a huge THANK YOU to Brad, the Moderator over the Truck Campers forum for his assistance with this thread.

Thanks also to RVcrazed51 for his request for this thread.

Post photos of your Fifth Wheel on this thread. Any photo with a 5er in it is allowable; any brand, any year.

This thread is generally for Fifth Wheel photos only. But feel free to post comments on posted photos.

Because this thread is very long, I will occasionally clean it up by removing the older posts that do not have Fifth Wheel photos and other off topic material. Also, please limit photo width to 640 pixels by using: width=640. Please do not post thumbnail size photos, they are just too small to see.

Register at photobucket.com (free), download your pictures (takes a while), hi-lite and copy the URL, then use the "image" icon to paste the photo URL.

Photo Bucket โ€“ Free photo hosting

Help with posting photos----
> RV.Net Tutorials and Picture related FAQ's

Posting photos Bradโ€™s way

Helpful Thread with good photo hosting information

"Technology Corner" Everything you want to know Technical forum

Netboy's thread on compressing photos

Truth Justice's 2005 Sunny Brook 31BWKS (Triple Slide) and 2005 1-Ton Dodge Quad Cab L/B.

Hi everybody, I'm looking to buy a fifth wheel, hopefully by the end of the year. And I was just wondering if some of you would care to post some pics of your fiver.
RVcrazed51
Zeke
3,401 REPLIES 3,401

NewportNic
Explorer
Explorer
This was our rig in 2013, bought a new truck this year, but haven't hooked on to the fifth yet.

Vickie & Klaus
Newport, Michigan

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Iamfreeatlast wrote:
I am about to buy a Everest 2009 36 Ft fifth wheel. I am a Newbie!!! Any advice would be wonderful.

Newbie to fifth wheels or towables?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
hornet28 wrote:
Thanks. We like it. We'll be doing our first trip with it in a short time going to the U.P.
Your in some beautiful country out there. I've run U.S.95 from Spalding down to ID-55 to the Boise area. I've also done U.S.93 out of Missoula down to Id-75 to ID-21 to Boise

Yes, we sure do! We've taken a lot of our two week trips locally. So much to discover. Our recent trip to eastern Idaho and SW Montana was up the Sacajawea Scenic Byway which we had never done. Beautiful.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. We like it. We'll be doing our first trip with it in a short time going to the U.P.
Your in some beautiful country out there. I've run U.S.95 from Spalding down to ID-55 to the Boise area. I've also done U.S.93 out of Missoula down to Id-75 to ID-21 to Boise

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Nice Crossroads in great shape. You got a good deal. If we were to ever have to purchase another, it would be a good solid used one.

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought our first 5th wheel. It's an 03 Crossroads 28' with 2 slides and rear kitchen

Iamfreeatlast
Explorer
Explorer
I am about to buy a Everest 2009 36 Ft fifth wheel. I am a Newbie!!! Any advice would be wonderful.

Sinton4616
Explorer
Explorer
JKJavelin wrote:
Nice! What's the story about the one destroyed in the hurricane?

I didn't take the TT with me when we evacuated for Hurricane Harvey. Trying to get our place borded up, along with the in-laws, cattle, etc. we ran out of time before we had to leave. Spend 5 days in a hotel, hating every minute. When we got home, did a quick check and didn't "see" any obvious damage to the TT like broken windows, tree limbs sticking out. Was more concerned about the damage to the house, getting the generator running, food, etc. Took 6 days from when we got home, before we got power back.

When things finally settled down about a month later, inspected the TT. Found where a tree limb had cracked the fiberglass front cap at the roof line, driver's side of the TT in several places and rear. Also ripped the roof from something being dragged across it. Tried to cover it up to prevent further damage, but was already done. Water got in and mold started. End of that TT.

Insurance company totaled it, just took a long time doing it. By the time they hauled it away, you couldn't step inside without a respirator.
2018 F350 6.7L DRW 4WD 3.55 with 5,490lbs CC "little yellow sticker"
B&W 20K Companion Hitch
2018 Keystone Avalanche 321RS
Destroyed by Hurricane Harvey: 2006 Fleetwood Prowler 3102BDS

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice! What's the story about the one destroyed in the hurricane?
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Sinton4616
Explorer
Explorer

Brought her home today! Planning on our fist trip in Mid October.
2018 F350 6.7L DRW 4WD 3.55 with 5,490lbs CC "little yellow sticker"
B&W 20K Companion Hitch
2018 Keystone Avalanche 321RS
Destroyed by Hurricane Harvey: 2006 Fleetwood Prowler 3102BDS

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
14 wheeler.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek

eurojet
Explorer
Explorer
2018 Crusader lite 30bh
Great layout for a family, traded in my 2016 Springdale 260le

Moderator edit to re-size picture to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

outlaw85
Explorer
Explorer
I don't want to hijack but don't want to ignore the posts either.

ReneeG wrote:
Nice outlaw85!

Thank you! It's a huge upgrade from the mid-late 90's :).

bpounds wrote:
outlaw85 wrote:

Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.

Might be a bad picture. I was on a slight hill looking down. The trailer is level..ish but only after my dad and I dropped the hitch to the lowest holes for the pinbox. Previous to that it had a pretty good nose dive. This trailer is "1980lb" hitch weight where the 30RK was "~1300lb-ish". No official numbers though. The truck is sitting on the overload springs in the pic.

Rob_Fla wrote:
bpounds wrote:
outlaw85 wrote:
Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.

Are you sure you want bags? Doesn't look like it needs it. The truck is designed to squat a little when loaded, and the trailer looks nice and level. I would just run it. Should ride nice.

If it squats and raises the front end much, the headlights on low beam will blind the oncoming drivers at night.

Definitely, agree. Luckily, we don't have to do much night driving. Most of our trips are only within a few hours. Once the truck is back to 100%, I would feel more comfortable with any driving and this could come into play. Good call ๐Ÿ™‚ I was also told (for what that's worth) if the front lifts too much it can cause premature steering gearbox wear.
2006 F350 DRW Towboss 6.0PSD
2011 Keystone Laredo 321BH
RIP-1997 Damon Challenger 30 RK

Rob_Fla
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
outlaw85 wrote:
Had it now for approximately 1.5 months. 2011 Laredo 321BH. Yes, the truck squats a bit and I'm looking to get some helper bags. It's noticeably heavier than the previous trailer.

If it squats and raises the front end much, the headlights on low beam will blind the oncoming drivers at night.
2014 Redwood 38FL
2018 RAM 3500 DRW