cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZ RV lot with a casita/small living building

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We are state park people, so we have not experienced the upscale long term RV park scene. We have our house for sale and don't want to buy a new one right away when it sells. We will buy another house, but not for the first year or so, until some health things with older relatives become more clear. But we don't want to FT per se. While we figure out what we want to do, I was thinking we might RENT a roomy lot with a casita or something on it. We only have a small Class C. Brand new, but small. We would not want to FT in it, but if we had a basecamp with our own building with a real bathroom, and a living room for lounging around with a little elbow room, we could probably do that for a year. We would bail out in the summer, even if we had to keep paying the rent.

I'm sure you can buy such a lot. But are the places to rent something like that? Suggestions for specific developments? Is there a term for these, that I can search on?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.
22 REPLIES 22

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
No, not a park model. I've been doing some searching... I think what I'm talking about is called a Coach House or a Casita.

See here: It's Only A Shed

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just be sure your lot is OK for a PARK mobile or RV. You CAN NOT do that here in our Virginia County...

You can only live in a trailer here at a Trailer Park lot it seems... They also say they won't allow a new Trailer Park too haha...

Just be sure to check the local laws before you buy and then find out you can't do what you want to do...

If you find a lot with a small house on it you good to go in most cases...

You mentioned Texas - We know several folks there that have a 99 year lease on a lot on one of their big lakes near the Wichita Falls TX area.. They can do almost anything they want to do with the lot but can never own it... The lease says they have to move if things change. People live and die there haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Arizona a a large state.

What part of Arizona are you looking at?

Right now there are many lots in Yuma that are available. Some have the casita like you are looking for. They go from $375-450 a month depending on who pays the electricity.

I would recommend coming to Yuma (if Yuma is a possible for you) stay in an RV park for a week while you investigate the possibilities of the rental lot you want. As I said there are many this year (snow bird count is down this year) and it will take you a couple days to check them out. It would even pay to go over to the airport and rent a car for two days if you are not towing a toad.

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
I rarely see lots for rent for a whole year. Unless they are Seasonal and then those are in Northern states and closed for the Winter. Month to month is more common.

We bought our RV Lot off the site that Old Biscuit linked. Bought it for low taxes, low HOA fees and close to interesting things to see. We haven't put in a shed yet, but some other owners have a fullsize W/D, TV and recliners, plus AC or bunks in their storage shed.

We thought about renting ours out, since it will be a couple of years before we semi-retire and can actually use it.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

cruisingat60
Explorer
Explorer
Are you thinking of a lot with an existing casita, or a lot to lease and you'd put something on it yourself? De Anza RV resort in Amado, AZ has RV spots and spaces to put your own structure on. I've been at this park for two months in my own rig and like it so much I've reserved a spot for next winter.

BTW, the name you're looking for might be Park Model. They're typically around 400 sq ft.
Fulltiming until I have seen everything I want to see, it isn't fun anymore, or I run out of money. Let's hope it's not the last one.

Cruisingat60 blog.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
I should add, we would consider TX too.
Thanks.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV LOTS for RENT
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
"I'm sure you can buy such a lot. But are the places to rent something like that?"

Yes there are, what happens is someone buys a couple of lots for investment and then rents them out. Here in Florida there are a couple that I have seen good luck with your search.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad