cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cookware and dishes

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I have a slight obsession with good cookware and dishes. I see lots of folks use Corelle in their RV, but I haven't seen comments on pots/pans and bowls. I plan to carry decent pans (I hate cheap ones), but wonder if anyone carries old fashioned Corning Ware and Pyrex Ware. I use my Corning an Pyrex almost every day and can't imagine cooking without it. Does anyone carry Corning/Pyrex and is there some special hints to keep it safe while traveling?
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS
27 REPLIES 27

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I use my bulletproof RevereWare pots and pans (3) for cooking. Lightweight. I have one glass cake pan, and some metal. Have silicone pieces which I use to heat stuff in if the convection oven is hot.

We use melamine dinnerware.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

AndriyTalbot
Explorer
Explorer
AndriyTalbot wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
We have most what we had at home besides Corelle and and stoneware and glass wine glasses we have a electric griddle, and waffle iron.

I also use electric griddle, check that: https://jonsguide.org/best-electric-griddle/.

AndriyTalbot
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
We have most what we had at home besides Corelle and and stoneware and glass wine glasses we have a electric griddle, and waffle iron.

I also use electric griddle, check that: https://jonsguide.org/best-electric-griddle/.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Watch the weight.

You can use any cookware you want.

However, after the first two months go through the cookware (assuming you are the wife or chief cook - don't mess with it if your partner has that job)

Anyway, look at each item and say 'Do I really use this? Can something else take it's place?"

Wouldn't hurt to look at everything in the RV that way a couple times a year. Especially with clothing, books, DVDs, etc.

Most of us, well - me at least - carry too much 'well I might need it someday stuff'

Weight hurts fuel mileage, wear and tear, etc.

But some things are essential. I carry a nice torque wrench. I use it about once or twice a year, other then repacking the trailer wheel bearings. But when I need it, I need it.

Almost all of my tools are carried in the pickup. Just a few in the rig. My pickup is has much more unused carrying capacity than the trailer.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Not all who wander are lost.”
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
As has been mentioned previously, you can use whatever you like! I have Blue Danube china and sterling silver flatware (thanks Mom!). We have crystal decanters for our liquor and very nice wine glasses 'cause that's what the DW likes. We use cloth napkins (save the Planet) and and have cooking gear from Pyrex to cast iron. We have what we need and we could really not give 2 spits what anyone else has or does.
We have silicon sheets between some of the fragile stuff but there are foam and other separators available. A dish towel would generally work just as well. Travel with what you like and what makes you happy. We are not backpack camping so whatever you have room for is just fine! Weight? Really? You think your cookware is going to put your RV overweight? NOT!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
2 cast iron frying pans (large and small) w/lids, 4 VitaCraft waterless pans with lids. Plastic plates and drinking ware. Nice wine glasses.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. Love the Magma cookware.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
I have throw pillows that match my bedspread so when we travel, they serve dual purpose to slip in cupboards to keep dishes in place. I only have 2 glass pans (1 big, 1 small) which I use for reheating food in microwave, everything else is unbreakable.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Anyone using Pyrex should do a search on "exploding Pyrex". The company changed the type of glass they use and newer ones can explode when removed from the oven.

Beemerphile1, I don't have to worry about that. Some of my Pyrex is almost as old as I am. LOL. My Dad worked for hardware company and was always bringing home pieces of sets from damaged sets. When I moved away from home, I got a good start and then I got a more from my grandparents home and then my mom's when she downsized. So other than a couple of pieces that are 25-30 years old, the rest are actually antiques now. Made when Pyrex advertised you could take from freezer directly to hot oven and the reverse.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone using Pyrex should do a search on "exploding Pyrex". The company changed the type of glass they use and newer ones can explode when removed from the oven.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, don't know how well my link worked.

I have what GoPackGo says. They are great for an RV.

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
I have a set of these. Perfect for the RV.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B99RJHS/ref=asc_df_B00B99RJHS5114510/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B00B99RJHS&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167135614232&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1978056182167012230&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030030&hvtargid=pla-158190100330

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
When I started full timing I bought along the pots and pans from my house. They took up way too much space so I got rid of them and bought a full set of Magma nesting stainless steel, ceramic coated pots and pans. Magma was started by a couple of boaters who saw the need for quality cookware that did not take up a lot of space. This is non-stick cookware that is safe for use with natural gas, propane, electric OR induction heating elements.

I absolutely love this stuff. You can get it from many boating supply companies, Amazon, etc. I got mine from Defender.com

* Magma also makes very good propane grills.