cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Downsizing & Minimalism for the RV Life

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
We are in our first winter of RV life in Canada.
Looking back and reflecting on the whole downsizing and simplifying process, we realize that we have no regrets in choosing the full time life.

Even with the Canadian Winters, we are living in freedom and so happy to be able to share in the Full Time Lifestyle with others.

You may be interested in our latest video, "after almost 60 years collecting stuff" Minimalism for the Full Time RV Life.

We are just one couple among many other full timers.

YouTube Video - our thoughts on letting go of our stuff after almost 60 years
It Just Doesn't Matter Who Owns the Grass Outside our Window!
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
9 REPLIES 9

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
gbopp wrote:
Thanks. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over the years. :E
We're slowly eliminating our stuff. Unfortunately we probably will never full-time.
Thanks for sharing.

Having moved into a smaller home with no basement in a 55+ community, we have gotten rid of a lot of stuff and we're still in the process. At the same time, we've adapted to a smaller trailer but manage quite well when we take longer trips. Happiness doesn't require having tons of stuff...it's what you do and the experiences you have.

You are so right, every time I'm tempted to buy something, I think of that!
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
scbwr wrote:
Happiness doesn't require having tons of stuff...

You are absolutely correct! Actually, I think having too much stuff is depressing.

I couldn't agree more, anxiety can really amp up when you have lots of stuff to worry about.
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
Cat Lady wrote:
Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for watching
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

hinterland
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
We're slowly eliminating our stuff. Unfortunately we probably will never full-time.
Thanks for sharing.

You don't have to RV to find value in simplifying life. Looks like you are already on the right path. Thanks for the reply
OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Not able to watch your video (data crunch) but I can confirm that you can live with a minimum of 'stuff'. As I go along I find I get rid of more things than I acquire. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr wrote:
Happiness doesn't require having tons of stuff...

You are absolutely correct! Actually, I think having too much stuff is depressing.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Having moved into a smaller home with no basement in a 55+ community, we have gotten rid of a lot of stuff and we're still in the process. At the same time, we've adapted to a smaller trailer but manage quite well when we take longer trips. Happiness doesn't require having tons of stuff...it's what you do and the experiences you have.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Cat_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Good video. Thanks for sharing.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing.