cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Kitchen Full-time?

Mach1muscle351
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, the wife and I are planning on going full time while I do my contractor thing.

We made the first step and purchased a truck to slug our soon to be 5th wheel around. But we haven't decided on a floorplan yet.

We are stuck between front living room and a front kitchen since it gives better shower height in the rear.

She much rather prefers a front kitchen and I do like the sound of that as well. However, I hear that front kitchens have a bad rep and would like some opinions from the pros here to help decide.

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Mach1muscle351
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Gee, you’re 31, Mach? Ancient in deed.

^^

The new 2020 Keystone Montana FK comes with ton's of storage space. Wonder if that kills the shower for me though. Will have to travel 3 hr to go walk through.

Video here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRHpGsbTW_c

Very lovely looking. But 2020 $$ 😞

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Gee, you’re 31, Mach? Ancient in deed.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Mach1muscle351
Explorer
Explorer
In regards to storage. I have been traveling with 3 tough boxes (military) for almost 10 years until recently. We are renting a house now and will definitely need some de-clutter. But thankfully it really isn't that bad.

I can't think of many things that I will need that will be in the outside storage. I am sure there will be so best to assess that part of my life first. Thanks guys I will check out the storage difference between FL and FK!

We also will have two vehicles. Tow truck and a SUV. We have been considering buying a box trailer to setup a sorta storage & portable workshop for us. I do understand that makes it hard/impossible to RV park, something to consider. If anyone has experience with this, might be helpful?

With that in mind, we probably don't have the conventional 'full time'attitude? I will be jumping from one location to another (5 hours away) once every month with my contractor gig.

Ideally, we would like to buy a plot of land in both locations and then airbnb it out to RV'ers in the off time.

I understand the stair concern especially since I am getting older and might be more of an issue for some. But I still have some youth left in me (31yr) so 3 steps to get a snack should help a little bit to burn off some of those extra calories those snacks provide? It's definitely a fair point to consider that I haven't thought about so thank you.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Front Living Room
Everytime you want a snack, a drink, have to go to the bathroom it is Down/Up the stairs

Front Kitchen
Everytime you want a drink, a snack etc Up/Down the stairs

Front bedroom....
Only go up there to sleep

I am 6'2" and can walk from backend of 5vr to front bedroom area W/O bumping my head (yes the space above my head in bedroom is LESS)
I can stand in shower W/O height issues

Storage....
Not sure there is that much difference.
Still have 'basement' and front storage
Side compartments are limited in any floorplan due to slide outs
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
This^^^^. Front kitchens and Front living rooms both have reduced storage capacity. That additional height results in less storage.
For a fulltimer storage is critical.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The consensus on this forum is to buy or select the TT or 5er first, then match a TV to it. So watch the weight on models that interest you. Your truck can’t necessarily “...pull anything on the lot.”
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Keep in mind that both the front kitchen and living floor plan have less outside storage then most 5th wheels, that is unless you look at the ones that have the raised rear bedrooms and bathrooms in them. Find both at a dealer near you and try hanging out in it for a while you might find out you don't like them that much. Good luck on your search and keepus posted
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.