Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Ourselves: Two 23-year-old fulltimers

TheWanderingRV
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, everyone!

I'm new to this forum (and full-timing in general), so I thought I'd take a minute to introduce myself and my girlfriend. My name is Bill, hers is Kayla. We're 23, fresh out of college and traveling the country in a 31 foot four winds class C chateau. We both work online as freelance writers, and also work camp to supplement our income.

We're currently in Bethel, Maine (we're originally from Scranton, Pennsylvania). We've been here since August 1st and will be here until Labor day, when we're going to check out Acadia park then make our way south, staying in each state from here to Florida for a few days at a time.

Our ultimate goal is to see a bit of every state! We want to figure out where we'd like to get a home at. We're thinking South Carolina might be the place, but you never know!

Also, if you're interested in learning more about us, we have a blog at ***Link Removed***http://www.thewanderingrv.com.

We're very excited to be a part of this community and can't wait to learn from everyone and hopefully also teach others a few things! 🙂

Would love to hear a little about you as well!
14 REPLIES 14

nlewis
Explorer
Explorer
You guys should check out Gone with the Wynns YouTube channel. There no reason you can't do the same thing. Get more income from YouTube followers. Film your travel adventures. Check them out!!!

steamyb
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome from NC. With over 130 craft breweries and a wine industry second only to Ca., I'm sure you can find something to do in NC. From the mountains to the coast, something for everyone. And if you have a taste for BBQ, we have 2 styles here! Be sure to stop and visit, southern hospitality at it's best!
I make home brew, I'm a plein air artist, I'm into bonsai and haiku. I also avoid politics, religion, and sports because folks get too excited and want to fight. I'm retired, disabled with a bad back, and I'm packing heat, so I know to avoid trouble.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Are you blogging, Would love to follow along on your adventure

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
There's a new off-shoot of the Escapees RV Club which is a great one for full-timers. It's called 'Xscapers'. They'll be getting together as a group mid-January at Quartzite, AZ if you happen to get over there. They were just in Maine for a rally...sorry you missed them. Here's the link:

https://www.xscapers.com/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

HighLonesome
Explorer
Explorer
WOW ! when I was your age.... there was no internet so I was stuck in a job working in one place... the only way to travel around was to get jobs in different states. I managed to do that for 25 years and worked all over the country.

I would have been over the moon to have had the internet to work from home when I was in my 20's and would have done exactly what you are doing now.

GOOD for you... taking advantage of this new technology to live free in your youth while you can really do alot.

safe travels... and always make sure you eat the good things you find in various areas of the country..... like REAL Texas BBQ and AMAZING salmon in the pacific NW.

thats one of the great joys of living on wheels. lol

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Congratulations on your journey and also your blog. You may want to consider making a YouTube page with subscribers. It's a great way to make some extra money while on the road.

You're doing what most of us always wanted to do but chose to follow the "rules". I am assuming that's why you aren't getting too many responses.

Keep going and don't stop.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

TheWanderingRV
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the tips, I really appreciate it!

It's cool to see so many people active on here. I'm really excited to learn from you all.

(By the way, my tires were just put on last year, and I'm using tire covers on them! 🙂

I am definitely blessed to be able to live this lifestyle. That said, I did work really hard to be able to do it!

Thanks for the response guys, I'm excited to hear more from you.

murphy38
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck on our travels. There is a lot to do and see out there just take your time and have fun.

TheLostDutchman
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome! Good for you. We're avid RV'ers and have been part timing it for decades ... The last 13 years in our trusty old 5th Wheel. We are pulling the trigger on a new motorhome next spring and going full time as soon as the house sells. Who knows... Might see you down the road somewhere. Safe travels... Enjoy.
Bill & Nettie
U.S. Army (Retired)

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
There are many excuses why NOT to do something: old parents,money,work ect,
I never considered them "excuses".

I see them as PRIORITIES. Determining what is most important and/or necessities. Also, planning for the future comes to mind.

Live for today, but plan for tomorrow.

danoren
Explorer
Explorer
There are many excuses why NOT to do something: old parents,money,work ect, but you came out and are doing it-way to go.
Not everyone is lucky as you are,some had to be at work in the office,port or elsewhere, rise a family and only after they grew up do what you guys are doing now.
So feel lucky and fullfeel your dreams-today, as today is the first day of the rest of our lifes.
F-350 ,2006,XLT,SD,LB,EC,6.0LT,Auto,SRW.
5W Cruiser 2006 CF29CK Crossroad
RVing 4-5 months every summer since 2002.
P.A,Escapee club memeber,TomTom Go 5606
Website

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Have fun! Great chance to see the USA.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new lifestyle.

I don't fulltime and probably never will. 😞

Don't forget to check the age of your tires. RV tires usually age out before they wear out. Maybe in your situation they will wear out first.

And, watch your roof for leaks. A small leak can cause a lot of damage if not repaired quickly.
Eternabonded and Dicor Self Leveling Caulk are your friends.

Enjoy your travels.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. Wish I had had the guts to do that 50 years ago. But then again the opportunity was not there back then.