cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in Calvert City, KY

rosemariepcb
Explorer
Explorer
We are in the Kentucky Dam Village Campground in Calvert City, KY and are in need of a mobile service technician. We have contacted the only one we could find and due to a misunderstanding in communication we don't think he will come to our assistance. We think it is the alternator that needs to be replaced. We are in a gas Class A. Have found some who will service diesel MH but can not help us. Can anyone give us a suggestion? We would rather not be towed since we are 1000 miles from home and have pets.
9 REPLIES 9

samwilliam
Explorer
Explorer

You might try reaching out to local auto repair shops or RV dealerships in the area. They may have mobile service technicians or know of someone who can assist with gas Class A motorhomes.

Hey samwilliam, looks like you got caught in the old post date tangle like the rest of us do from time to time.  This post is over 5 years old so hopefully the original poster has resolved their issue. 

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have an onboard generator?
If you do, get a battery charger, connect it to your chassis battery.
Run an extension cord inside.
Plug it in.
Turn on Generator.
What more do you need?

Unless it is frozen ? Which you do not say.
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We needed recall work done on ours and the Ford dealership in town ( we have a Ford chassis V-10 engine) was not big enough to accomodate our motorhome in their facilities. So -- they sent a mechanic out to our campground to do the warranty work (cruise control wiring I think). An alternator should be able to be replaced by any mechanic that works on vehicles. You do not need someone special. You may be able to find a very knowledgeable person at an auto parks store (employee) who would do it on their own time for payment. You could then purchase the part yourself from them probably. You will need your VIN # to get the correct part.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
rosemariepcb wrote:
darsben1 wrote:
did you try Pollard truck and trailer repair?
888-675-7466

That's who the misunderstanding is with. I have apologized and tried to explain how things got mixed up and so far he hasn't shown up.

OHH:(
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

rosemariepcb
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
888-675-7466

That's who the misunderstanding is with. I have apologized and tried to explain how things got mixed up and so far he hasn't shown up.

wtmtnhiker
Explorer
Explorer
ALVERT CITY: Lee’s Alignment & Exhaust Center, 33 – 3rd Ave. in Calvert City
(Phone: 270-395-7524)

This one's a little farther out MURRAY: Murray Complete Auto Care, 507 S 12th St (US-641, in town), 270-759-0003

Hope this helps and good luck
bgbassman(bluegrass bass man)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Mobile Mechanics....Calvert City KY area

IF that doesn't work..call the one you did talk with back and clear up the communications
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
888-675-7466
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind