cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

staying in 5th wheel

ford_coupe
Explorer
Explorer
dw & I have to put our sticks & brick up for sale want to stay in ouir 5th wheel in summer as we belong to an rv park . we have a mobile home we spend winters in florida. wondering what to use as mailing address in summer and official address. wanted to park at sons house a week at time as we can stay 3 weeks at membersship campground and out of system for a week.any suggestions will be helpfull. we spend summer in michigan. dil say no to us parking at there ud. thsnks
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where will you claim residency? If you plan to be out of your home for more than 6 months, getting your mail in another State can be used to determine your residency which will effect not only your license and insurance but could effect health insurance and taxes.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
do you own the property in florida or do you rent? You may want to use that address as your official address particularly if you own the property but a lot goes into that decision. Health insurance costs, property taxes, state income tax costs, vehicle insurance costs, etc. All of those vary depending upon your official home of record address. The home of record decision is more important than just where you mail gets sent.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
1. Why not your son's address

2. I use My Home Address Link since I full time. Very happy.

3. Bills (credit cards and utilities for base home) are paid (drafted) automatically. Thus I only get about 12 pieces of mail a month.

4. Will the campground receive and hold your mail?
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos