cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for new tires on the 5ver

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about ready for a new set of tires and wondered what type of places can handle trailers. I'd rather not use an RV dealer since getting into them on a timely basis is usually a pain. For my motorcycle , I've order tires and had them shipped wherever we are, then used a local motorcycle dealer to mount them. I've found ST tires on -line I could order and could do something similar, but what types of shops can handle a 20k lb RV mount and balance? Thanks.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)
5 REPLIES 5

I would get them from trailer,tires and wheels... They will come to your door on a skid... Mounted, balanced , and ready to put on your trailer... And very reasonable...

HERE- - Trailer-tires-wheels
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
My local tire guy will install tires on anything, from lawn mowers to eighteen wheelers and anything in between. I hauled the trailer to his shop, he jacked the trailer up one side at a time, and removed the old tires, swapped out for new ones, balanced the tires, and reinstalled them. In and out in about an hour. Most places that specialize in tires should be able to help you, no need to go to an RV store.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a floor jack and jack stands take them two at a time. IMO it is easier than towing the entire rig to them. I just had 4 tires mounted and balanced at discount tire. If you do take it to a shop just ensure they jack the trailer up properly and from the right points. I also make sure they finger/lug balance instead of balancing from the center hole.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
What size tires?
Personally, if you have 8K axles I would go online and order 17.5 inch tires and wheels delivered to your house. Bolt them on and sell your old wheels on Craigslist.

parkmanaa
Explorer
Explorer
Just look at the local yellow pages "TIRES, truck", or something
like that. Any truck tire dealer can handle your needs.

I agree you can save quite a lot of money by ordering them and having them mounted yourself. I, personally, have had very good luck with simpletire.com.