cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

canada

garryearl
Explorer
Explorer
starting from Ohio. WE have been to the falls Canadian side was great.What other interesting things are there to do.Would like to make a 10 day trip
10 REPLIES 10

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Georgian Bay, The Big Chute, Trent Severn Canal, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ottawa, 1000 Islands area both sides will keep us busy for 2 weeks this summer without stopping at Niagara Falls, Toronto or Montreal.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Harley_Dude
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Superior Circle Tour!!

https://superiorcircletour.com
"You're a long time underground!"

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
We drove around the Gaspe Peninsula last summer and had a wonderful time. You can start from Quebec City which has a great old city to explore - then head clockwise around the peninsula for a few days.

There's a Canada section in the forum - you may want to browse through for some ideas and use the search function there.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
Old Quebec city in Quebec , Fort Henry in Ont, Gros mourne NFLD, Toronto Ont (yes its also a tourist destination but low on my list), Bruce Peninsular NP, Banff NP in Alberta, thats kinda far from Ohio though.

So is Newfoundland - especially if he only has 10 days! It would take more than that for the drive there & back.

I think OP needs to be more specific about how far he wants to travel. Reading original post I assumed he was looking for things to do around
Niagara Falls area on both sides of the border. Someone gave a good list and suggestion for contact information.

Visiting wineries was not on the list though and we have plenty of those in the Niagara area.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Quebec city Quebec. One of the most beautiful cities in North America. Don't miss it.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Old Quebec city in Quebec , Fort Henry in Ont, Gros mourne NFLD, Toronto Ont (yes its also a tourist destination but low on my list), Bruce Peninsular NP, Banff NP in Alberta, thats kinda far from Ohio though.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
Bay of Fundy with the big tides.
Halifax--Citidel, Titanic Museum
Peggy's Cove
Prince Edward Island
Fortress Louisberg
Those are places we have enjoyed in Eastern Maritime Canada on several trips.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know your interests but you may find something interesting at TripAdvisor for Niagara Ontario. Here's the link https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g154998-Activities-Niagara_Falls_Ontario.html
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Bay of Fundy.

Definitely stop in Lockport NY if you're in the area. I found it very interesting.

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
Well let's see. You could start with
Fort Niagara
Lockport (Erie canal)
Development Hole SP ( and the trail along the gorge - an old trolley line)
Cave of the Winds (from Goat Island)
Canalside (new attraction downtown Buffalo)
Buffalo lighthouse & outer Harbor bike path
and did you see these on the Canadian side
Fort Erie
the gardens/Parkway from Fort Erie to Niagara on the Lake
Duffrin Island Park
Walk the lighted park at the falls
what use to be called the Spanish Aero car over the wherlpool
helicopter ride over the falls
The Rose Garden above the Niagara Glenn
Historic Queenstown
Niagara on the Lake

SP Campgrounds on US side include
4 Mile SP
Lake Erie SP
Darien Lakes SP
Keuka Lake SP
Letchworth SP
Allegany SP
to name a few

And then there are many day trips in the area on both sides of the boarder!
Come and enjoy!