cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1988 Ford E350 Air Suspension.

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
I need to improve my rear suspension on my 1988 Ford E350 Class C Travelmaster.
I'm looking to buy these Firestone Air Helper Springs for $400.
I like that I can change the psi depending on my needs. Even use them to do a little leveling at the camp site.

Any comments are appreciated.

Also looking for suggestions on shocks that I should purchase

Thanks,

Obie

https://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Ford/F-150,+F-250,+F-350/1988/F2071.html?VehicleID=19884150875
6 REPLIES 6

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for the confusion, i was suggesting to do a spring leaf in place of the bags.
When i added a leaf to the pack it was under $500. Adding bags was close to the same at the time.

My latest attempt to give me more ground clearance didnโ€™t work using a wireless compressor airbag system for $1700. Ended up getting a full refund parts and labor. That system developed multiple leaks in the bags, fittings and compressor over the first few days of installment.

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
While it is 35 years old, it only has 40,000 miles on it. Runs like a champ and looks pretty darn good. But I hear you.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^But only as a bolt on add a leaf. Not really worth rebuilding spring packs unless thereโ€™s actually broken springs.
Camper is over 30 years old. Name of the game there is not spending a lot of money compared to the value of the vehicle.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the rv rear sags below level then bags will bring it up to level. If the rv already sits level the air bags will do very little to raise it above level.
Therefore it will depend if they are going to help become level on a site.

If need be, add a leaf to the spring pack instead. Steel doesnโ€™t leak air.

heyobie
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Pretty basic simple effective all purpose upgrade.
Iโ€™d think hard about shocks too while youโ€™re in there unless you know yours are good.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold