Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1994 Dodge 350 Class B Pleasure Way Van

Jquixote
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am curious if anyone has some knowledge of the 1994 Dodge 350 Class B Pleasure Way? I am new to Vans in general, having hauled a bumper pull trailer for the last 7 years.
Specifically, I am interested in any feedback regarding the Dodge 350 component. Is that a fairly reliable year? How does the engine and transmission hold up?

We looked at an older model Dodge 350 and found out it had transmission issues.

The Pleasure Way fit looks great and I have heard very good things aobut the camper design.

Thanks in advance, and Happy Travels!
4 REPLIES 4

Jquixote
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone who replied, I sure appreciate the feedback.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
chast wrote:
Hiโ€”we have a 1997 Pleasureway Excel on the Dodge 3500 chassis. It is wonderful in every way! We are full-time RVers and have been for the past 25 years. Having owned everything from a tent to a large Class A motorhome, we now travel in our Pleasureway. Ours has the 5.2/318 engine and we do not find it underpowered at all. Besides that, it gets a consistent 15-17 mpg every time. I donโ€™t think you can go wrong with that unit. If you have any specific questions, please donโ€™t hesitate to PM me for help. Good Luck!

I agree, the 5.2/5.9 engines were reliable and smooth, but the 90s Dodge auto transmissions were clunky, underperforming units. Albeit pretty relaible in my experience with several pickups of that era.
But 15-17mpg with a 318 pushing a motorhome, any motorhome is laughable at best and a fallacy. 1/2 ton truck "might" crack 15 mpg empty, IF, you drove like a grandma on a flat level road with a slight tailwind!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

chast
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hiโ€”we have a 1997 Pleasureway Excel on the Dodge 3500 chassis. It is wonderful in every way! We are full-time RVers and have been for the past 25 years. Having owned everything from a tent to a large Class A motorhome, we now travel in our Pleasureway. Ours has the 5.2/318 engine and we do not find it underpowered at all. Besides that, it gets a consistent 15-17 mpg every time. I donโ€™t think you can go wrong with that unit. If you have any specific questions, please donโ€™t hesitate to PM me for help. Good Luck!
chartrue2@aol.com

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
1994 was a good year for the Dodge van. My only question is does it have the 5.9 and what is the gear ratio? The 5.2 is going to be underpowered with all that weight. The trans should be good if it was maintained properly. It is a 25 year old vehicle so it will have things that need to be gone over as any vehicle would require. Front suspension, tune up, fluids.
I towed a 28ft TT with a 97 Dodge conv van with the 5.9 and 3.90 gears. It performed very well and was never underpowered.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!