cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1994 Winnebago Vectra Diesel Pusher 12 V issues

Mlequo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I have 1994 Winnebago Vectra with Cummins diesel and yesterday my entire cabin 12 V went down. The batteries are fine and fully charged and the connections are clean, tight and perfect. I am trying to locate the fuse box - I see some connections on the outside behind the black front panel on the driver's side and some fuses above the stove. Is there a master fuse? Any hint would be totally appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Your wiring diagram is available on Winnebago's web site.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Mlequo
Explorer
Explorer
I found a diagram (can't post the link) that at glance seems to be pretty accurate. I am not sure what controls the behaviour of those purple "switch" cables.

Mlequo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you kindly for all the comments! I was able to track the issue to battery disconnect relay located under hood electrical box. I have removed the relay and tested it and it behaves as it should. I am able to open it and close it and it holds the state even after the power is disconnected. This forces me to study the two purple cables that control this device. Anyone had any experience with those?

Mlequo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you! I am missing this outside box with fuses and relays. In front I can see some basis push up fuses and solenoids, but no master fuse or anything like that.

Ava wrote:
I have a 94 Fleetwood Bounder DP. Mine has the outside box up front, interior fuses inside one of my upper cabinets and the I have another black panel in my battery compartment. Chassis related fuses are found in there. There are also battery relays in there. If you have a panel like that, I would bet the problem is in there.
I would assume they were wired similarly back then. Good luck

Mlequo
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much for taking time to reply. I do intend to dive under the rig and figure it out. I am getting 12V in the front hood panel however...

dedmiston wrote:
Different rig, but I lost 12v power years ago in our old toy hauler. It took a while (in the dark) to figure out that there was an inline fuse between the batteries and the main panel. Instead of blowing the fuse, the fuse holder itself melted and fried. I had to run a larger line from the batteries back to the panel.

Not saying this is exactly your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to follow the line from your house battery to the panel and see if anything is amiss.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 94 Fleetwood Bounder DP. Mine has the outside box up front, interior fuses inside one of my upper cabinets and the I have another black panel in my battery compartment. Chassis related fuses are found in there. There are also battery relays in there. If you have a panel like that, I would bet the problem is in there.
I would assume they were wired similarly back then. Good luck

dedmiston
Different rig, but I lost 12v power years ago in our old toy hauler. It took a while (in the dark) to figure out that there was an inline fuse between the batteries and the main panel. Instead of blowing the fuse, the fuse holder itself melted and fried. I had to run a larger line from the batteries back to the panel.

Not saying this is exactly your problem, but it wouldn't hurt to follow the line from your house battery to the panel and see if anything is amiss.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230