cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2001 Leisure travel van

janeman
Explorer
Explorer
How can I upgrade my analog tv to digital? Is there a place to install a digital box or is it better to purchase a digital tv that will fit the space.
10 REPLIES 10

rawls16
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry spell check. 2003 l t d .

rawls16
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2003 lives and installed a 15" tv with DVD. Works great easy to install.

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 19" samsung at costco for $129.

it runs natively on 12 volt DC power...( it comes with a ac/dc adapter similar to a computer... the adapter is in a box in my garage)

it has a media player which will play movies and TV shows I load onto a thumb drive

has a pretty good autoscan

and a headphone out which I use to my coach stereo system

mike

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
BudJ wrote:
The answer is a new HD TV, NOT a converter as HD TV price drops OBSOLETED virtually All converters.

Have fun shopping.

Bud

Yep.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

NW22
Explorer
Explorer
Get a new TV, you won't be sorry! Prices are very reasonable today.
I believe most new TVs have a built in ATSC tuner, but double check that it has.

I have a small Sony TV with the built in ATSC tuner, and I get 5 OTA (Over the Air) stations from about 60 miles from any of the stations (fringe area).

I just use a very old TV antenna given to me, from a small travel trailer. It comes in sharper than my cable in my home in the city.

I have mine set up in a little cabin, so I am not moving around.

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
The answer is a new HD TV, NOT a converter as HD TV price drops OBSOLETED virtually All converters.

Have fun shopping.

Bud

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
The new smaller TV's are inexpensive and take up a lot less room as they are thin. Also easy to mount, go with a new one.
Wayne

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Get a new one. A converter box draws more power if you do any boondocking, no need for that loss when tvs are so inexpensive.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 ,and we have a 2007 ltv and love it.best rv we ever owned.

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Analog to digital converter boxes are easily available at amazon.com. They're easy to hook up, but add another remote to the process. Personally, at the price televisions have dropped, I'd buy a new television as they are lighter and are so much sharper.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption