cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2001 Monaco Knight - bulb number in headlights

Dlax2
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to change the bulbs in my Monaco’s headlights to an LED bulb. I have been told that I need to know the numbers on the present bulb before I can purchase the LED bulbs. Does anyone know the bulb number in the headlights. It looks like it is not easy to break down to get to the headlight so I want to make sure I get the right LED bulb before taking it all apart. There is no reference to the headlights at all in the books that came with the MH. I have also been told if I contact the chassis manufacturer - Roadmaster - that they can tell me. Any info would be a great help. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it’s best to pull the bulbs and get the number off them. They are usually 9002-9007 or an H and single digit like H3? Can’t say for sure. But the numbers will be on them.

I can tell you I installed LED’s on my wife’s 2013 Explorer and they are unbelievable. We had a rental car a 2019 Volvo with the LED’s and when she got her car back she was spoiled.
I will be installing them in my MH this spring.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dlax, welcome to the forum. To better assist you, please go to the opening page and click on "Preferences" tab. This will allow you to put your coach discription in your signature so you don't have to put it in your post.

If you open the generator compartment in your Knight, you can easily remove the bulb in the headlamps. Each bulb should have a number stamped on it. Google, then will be your friend to finding the correct replacement...good luck...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
I think he was asking about changing to LED bulbs.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Bulbs are usually very easy to remove and replace, just a half-turn or so and they pop right out. Most any auto person can do it.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
I am no expert, but I don't think you can simply swap out an LED bulb. I could be wrong, but I think you have to change the bulb fixture as well.

I am sure there are others that have more experience on the subject than I do that might offer solutions.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.