cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 E-450 electrical schematic

Happy_Hobo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new to this, but I think a 2003 Minnie is a class C. It's on a 2002 Ford E-450 chassis.

I need to find an electrical schematic either for the 2002 E-450 chassis or for the entire RV in order to figure out how to wire something I'm adding. (I taught electronics, so I'm capable but need to find out where the wires are that I need and how a couple of existing functions are wired.

Web search shows me a lot of different sites for a "free" copy, but they all redirect to the same sleazeball site that wants a lot of info that I'm not willing to give before they sell me one for a price they won't announce without all the info. And a very few sites that want an amount only affordable by a shop that works dozens of them every month. And a lot of them that are not E-450 ad/or not 2002.

I got a fairly detailed manual directly from Ford at no charge, but it does not contain any wiring diagrams.
--
Wes Groleau (???)
11 REPLIES 11

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok
I give up.

Good luck.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Happy_Hobo
Explorer
Explorer
If I knew that, I wouldn't need the schematics!

I will check with Winnebago when I have more time. No point in anything else unless that is unsuccessful.
--
Wes Groleau (???)

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Happy Hobo wrote:
I taught electronics—I don't need to be told what to hook to. I need a schematic to decide where physically to put the splices.

I have access to the wiring schematics.
But, I'm not going to print out 80 pages worth.
Can you at least tell us where you plan on tapping into the wiring?

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
I’m quite sure that you will find what you need on the Winnebago site. I can’t see much difference in how the would changed wiring in our 06 And your 03.
For 12 volt, Winnebago uses white (mostly 14 guage) for negative/ground and and Yellow for the 12 volt positive. On the wires, they imprint a code number every 12 inches and list on their website what it is. I.e. I found an unused plug, checked the code numbers and it was for the optional FRS radio system. They have schematics that show roughly where how they are routed, left or right frame rail, MH body, left, right ceiling etc.
I believe that everything behind the cab cut-a-way is Winnebago wiring.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Happy_Hobo
Explorer
Explorer
There are two parts with a possibility of adding more. And nine wires without adding more. I taught electronics—I don't need to be told what to hook to. I need a schematic to decide where physically to put the splices. I haven't had time yet to see Winnebago (family medical issue) but it will probably have what I need.
--
Wes Groleau (???)

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cameras are generally 3 wires. Power, ground and reverse signal.
If you want the camera on all the time, just connect power and reverse signal wires together.

Happy_Hobo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I'll check Winnebago and if that doesn't work out, I'll try one of the other suggestions. It's a rear camera, but I don't want to do it quite the way it's generally done.
--
Wes Groleau (???)

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
What exactly are you trying to wire in?
I have access to the All Data repair manuals and can shoot you a copy of the schematics you need.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck ! Ford does sell a "limited use" copy of their shop manual online.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Chilton's or Haynes manual for E350 van will give basic chassis info.
Winnebago has most diagrams on line. fill out info, vin and serial number, on website. Download diagrams. Remember these are as designed and may not be exact.
Winnebago

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the Winnebago Industries site, Click on your year and model for all electrical sites, plumbing.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.