cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 Pace Arrow Kwikee 2-Step Arm Linkage (A) Broke

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
My Kwikee steps were working fine until one day the A arm linkage that connects the motor to the actual steps broke in half. So the only item I need to replace is the arm linkage. The motor and all else work fine.

But I can't find this pre-IMGL A arm linkage anywhere. It's replacement number is LC379649. My Kwikee steps are from the days when the company was located in Cottage Grove, Oregon.

Any tips?
12 REPLIES 12

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Just talked to Eric's. They referred me to
West Coast RV recyclers

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
No reply from Eric's RV.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try emailing Eric's RV over in Sequim, WA.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
If I make a move to buy, I'll take one step at a time since the repair isn't time sensitive.

I was thinking of a hack....join two camping stakes by chain or rope then thread them through the steps and bang the stakes into the ground. Then the steps are fixed down. To raise the steps only for travel, I could wire the steps up. Very little travel planned in the short term; we'll be mostly fixed through this winter.

No MH salvage on the Sunshine Coast. This is a small community separated by ferry from greater Vancouver and Chilliwack.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Newer models may need the magnetic door switch changed out.
Did quick look. Prices are nearly as much as I paid for complete step at Colaws a few years back. I was at their facility, no freight.
Any salvage yards have MHs in your area?
Thought there was one near Chiliwack

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, those you found on ebay and amazon are the post-IMGL (Integrated Motor/Gearbox/Linkage) versions and the linkage visually looks like mine. They should work on mine but I will also need to source a new motor if I use those. I may take a chance and get this since the older pre-IMGL version is not to be found.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Looked harder at mine. The linkage is connect to pivot with what looks like a hot rivet.
Found this on Amazon! Things changed when Kwikee sold out to Lippert!
Amazon

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Just checked the one in my garage. The linkage has strange connection to the body. Mine looks similar to this!Linkage

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, Colaw replied they didn't have. The material the link is made of is perhaps "pot metal" which I've heard can't be welded. I may just try the newer A linkage (379160) and also get a new motor (676061) which is supposed to be necessary to be compatible with the new linkage assembly.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have it welded
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

cyberham
Explorer
Explorer
I sent Colaw a request. Thanks.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Try Colaw

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow