cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2003 Jamboree slide out not working

redetorok
Explorer
Explorer
I am having an issue with the slide out on my 2003 Jamboree...23'...Triton V-10...E450.
When I parked the motorhome I did the usual set up...left the engine running, put on the parking brake, and the first thing I noticed was the parking brake light would not come on. And then I pressed the switch to put the slide out, and nothing happened. No power! So I checked the fuses...they were all good.
Now I know that the parking brake must be on in order for the slide to work, so could the problem be with the parking brake? A relay? A fuse that I don't know about?
When I retracted the slide out earlier today it worked fine...it came in with no problem. Now I get nothing.
Could someone let me know what to check or what to do in order to resolve this problem?
Thanks.
Rick
7 REPLIES 7

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good job, tnx for the update. Stay safe.

redetorok
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you that responded to my slide out issue. It is working now ...had to replace the brake switch.

Rick

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Our 19 Leprechaun’s slides won’t work with the engine running.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
parking brake interlock switch is what I would research.
im not sure where it is on the 2003 E450 cutaway chassis.

When you find its location check any crimped wires near it and retry the brake.

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
The slide module has to see that the parking brake has been set.

There's a switch on the park brake. More that likely it is bad.
Not too bad of a job to replace.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Good that you noticed that the parking brake light did not come on-that makes it highly likely that your slide not operating is related to the parking brake and its interlock. I'd check to see if other lights or instruments are not working, this might point to a fuse. I would suspect the switch that detects when the parking brake pedal is pushed, I would think that the slide interlock gets its signal from there.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
This issue may require a professional. What part of Oregon?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad