cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 mountain Aire air ride dump valve location

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any idea where the air ride dump valves are located on a 2003 Mountain Aire pusher with a Spartan chassis? I believe mine are leaking. The air bags go flat about 10 minutes after shutting down the engine. Both tank air gauges maintain pressure for days. Any help would be appreciated.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL
3 REPLIES 3

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Based on my experience with my Dutch Star on a Spartan chassis I would suspect the ride height valves berore the dump valve.

Those are the ones that there are three of. Two front and one rear. I haven't replaced one for a few years now, but did replace several and found them at a heavy truck parts supply house. Price then was about $50 +/- and they were a pretty easy job to replace.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
You will have 3 of them, one for the rear axle and one at each front wheel. If all 3 are going down close to the same rate, you most likely have bags that are dry rotted and need to be replaced, especially if they are the originals. Is the air in the tanks is going down as well when the engine is shut down, the leaking bags will continue to deplete the air supply until the bags go flat.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Bruce_Brown
The valve should be right by the tanks, which should be up front about under the drivers seat location.

Having said that, be sure to check your air bags too. Based on the age of the unot you may have a slow leak in one of those.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910