Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2004 Windsor Monaco:MAIN SLIDEOUTS WONT OPERATE,Bedroom Does

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
So I have this 2004 Monaco Windsor RV.

It has three slideouts: two opposed main room slideouts and the bedroom slideout. They always worked but I recall how every time we would struggle to remember what we had to do to enable the main room slideouts.

This time we seem to be out of luck: the bedroom slideout works, the two opposed slideouts do not. Specifically, there is NO motor noise of any kind and the switches operate absolutely nothing.

We did bring both driver and passenger seats all the way forward. We also closed all compartment doors. It does not help.

Any ideas what we may have forgotten or how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks
2003 Windsor Monaco 40PST Class A Motorhome
9 REPLIES 9

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
OK I will see if I can use something else... thanks

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
ichudov wrote:
I have some motorcycle chain lube, hopefully it should work. Thanks

I don't think I would use chain oil. I've used it on stuff and it's really thick.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
I have some motorcycle chain lube, hopefully it should work. Thanks

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the update.

Might want to hit those plunger switches with some silicon spray.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
An update. The slideouts have safety built in and only open when compartment doors are closed. Well, the plunger switches on doors were stuck due to age and not operational. I got them unstuck and the slideouts worked.

ichudov
Explorer
Explorer
Honestly guys, I recall there is a rack and pinion and I do not think that it is hydraulic. I will tae a look. Worst case I can operate it manually with a wrench.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to coorosion, have you checked for a fuse in the hydralic-pump wiring? Has a wire to the pump become disconnected? (Bumpy roads can do that.)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The BR slide is mechanical and LR slides are hydraulic ...power pack is below the steps. Corrosion on the relay wire contacts is the usual problem and the motor has a normal starter solenoid...cleaning its connections is where Iโ€™d start since both do not work.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Parking Brake set?
2010 Suncruiser