cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Bounder 35e Front Slide

Suburban52
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, on my 2007 35e. It rained hard the other day and the front slide would not retract. It would move in about a foot then stop, had to have 2 people push in from the outside while wife held switch and it moved in real slow all the way. After a few days at home I tried it and seems to work fine. Just wondering has anyone experienced this after heavy rain? Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

thelazyl
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar issue - our "front slide" was a main living room slide where the slides raises up then drops. When retracting it would nearly come to a stop until it raised all the way, then it would fully come in.

Later we'd have to have someone outside push while pressing the retract button.

At first I thought it was because we weren't level enough. For awhile we were OK as long as the unit was level after extending (if the slide side was slightly lower it wouldn't retract).

Then the problem got worse and I realized I hadn't maintained my house batteries. I filled them up, charged them, and the problem went away.

After a few years the problem resumed and I took it to a tech. The old slide motor had gotten tired so I had a new one installed.

Now we are back to being all good.

I hope this helps.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws.com/complists/pg-82-s0508-for-web-rev-0c.pdf

Click the link and you will see how many type Powergear motors there are. I will bet the motor that was replaced was NOT the exact correct torque motor and they used one that would fit and "work". So, IF they did that, the numbers on your existing motor are worthless. Doug

PS, the motors I replaced that CW installed were less than 6 months old and they failed to retract correctly AT TIMES, not always. Since we were not a Fleetwood dealer I have lost my notes that detailed which is the correct motor for your year model/slide.

0. If all identifying marks are gone or non-legible contact the Original Equipment
Manufacturer (OEM or the coach manufacturer) to get the Power Gear system number
and/or the motor assembly part number. This number is not posted anywhere on the
system itself or in the coach. Contact Power Gear with the system number so the
motor assembly number can be found

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Suburban52 wrote:
No rain on topper, motor replaced last year prior to my purchase. Will get part number off motor to confirm it is correct. Thanks for the info.

I would be curious if the NEW motor installed WAS the correct motor, since it failed to work that time. Doug

Suburban52
Explorer
Explorer
No rain on topper, motor replaced last year prior to my purchase. Will get part number off motor to confirm it is correct. Thanks for the info.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have a slide topper? If so, was it full of rain? THAT would cause a marginal slide motor from retracting. Usually on a Fleetwood your age, the Powergear motor is NOT up to par and needs replaced. Since it works now, I would not worry about it. BUT, I would crawl underneath and get the Numbers off the motor assbly and research the CORRECT replacement for in the future when the motor fails you have that info handy. Those motors cost from $500 to $900 depending on the RPM and style. The nice thing about your slide design as you found out, when it is not up to par with someone pushing the retract button, 2 or 3 people can get it up and in to get closed. Doug

PS, make SURE you get the exact replacement motor. Over the years I have replaced 3 or 4 brand new motors on Fleetwoods that CW replaced with the wrong torque/RPM motor.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
most slide require that you unlock the motor, to manual push in. You will have to check for Power to the switch and motor, loose wire, clean rails and lube if needed.