cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 Winnebago Journey 37H

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
i am looking to trade for the above mentioned coach. It has a 6.7 Cummins 350 HP. I test drove 2 and 1 of them a green engine light came on with exhaust brake turned on every time I let off the gas. One did not. Is the light coming on normal or is it an error code?
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
15 Ford Explorer (the toad)
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing
5 REPLIES 5

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I suspected it was operating correctly until I drove the second one. On both I could tell the exhaust brake was working but the second one I drove did not have a light on the dash to come on. they were identical Journeys same year engine. Two different dealers. Thanks again.
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The VGT Exhaust Brake is working as designed. I leave mine on all the time, seldom need to use the foundation brakes for normal stopping or slowing down.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
If the 'exhaust brake' switch on the dash is in the 'on' position, the exhaust brake will engage (and green dash light with come on) whenever you lift your foot from the throttle pedal.

If you turn the exhaust brake light switch to the off position, the exhaust brake will not engage when you let off the throttle. That is generally how Freightliner set them up.

I had a 2002 Journey with CAT engine and hated the way the exhaust brake worked. I installed a device called a 'Brake Switch' that would allow me to leave the dash switch 'On' but the exhaust brake would not engage unless you actually pressed the brake pedal.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
? Anybody know the answer?????
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing

cobra350
Explorer
Explorer
I suspected it was just a dash indicator light to let you know it was on. When coming to a stop the light went out. Then I drove the second one and it didnt come on at all. this may be on all Cummins 6.7 this will be my first one. Thanks in advance for your input if something is wrong I like to know before I buy.
Rick & Darlene Carson
16 Berkshire XLT 43A
14 Shelby GT500
02 Ford Ranger
08 Honda Goldwing