cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Monaco Dynasty

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Monaco has announced a new and innovative Dynasty for 2015 which will be unveiled at the Florida RV Supershow on January 14, 2014. If someone is going, I would like some input as to whether it is the same ole same ole or are they really doing something that'll knock our socks off....Maybe someone can post pictures....they only have released a sneak preview called "Return to Power" but nothing else...Dennis

2015 Dynasty
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG
26 REPLIES 26

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
I would take the Liberty chassis over the stiff riding RoadMaster any day. Ten air bags just gives that many more bags that can leak. No thanks!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I would have liked it better if they had said the new Monaco would be built on a Liberty chassis instead of trying to call it a Roadmaster, which it apparently is not.
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
According to some of the "gearheads" that examined both chassis they are identical.

Moisheh

eheading
Explorer
Explorer
I personally have not been able to see any difference between the "new Roadmaster chassis" and the tried and true American Coach "Liberty Chassis". In my humble opinion, that is a good thing, but it is far cry from the 8 or 10 bag Roadmaster chassis.

Ed

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
From their website:

We're excited to announce, based on your input, we're making a "Return to Power." For the past five years, engine restrictions kept us from offering big-bore engines, which limited our product offerings. Beginning with the 600 hp rollout in January, you'll also start seeing 500hp, 450hp, 380hp and 300 hp models. Watch closely over the next few weeks for more about our "Return to Power."

Part of our 2015 product line will feature The All New Roadmaster chassis. This gives us the ability to offer big-bore Cummins engines and a new world-class independent front suspension system. This is not an "off-the-shelf" standard rail chassis. Our engineers collaborated closely with Freightliner Custom Chassis to offer a redesigned Roadmaster chassis with unique modifications and tuning that gives you the ride and handling you're expecting from our brands.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
I commend ASV for taking over Monaco but I would not get too excited at this point. The Dynasty is way overpriced as compared to the Entegra and has some serious shortcomings. It really is not a practical vehicle. However I have read that when they finally build some Dynasty's that will be for sale the coaches will be quite different than the one that has been at the shows and rallies. We shall see.

Moisheh

KilroyGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure whether either Monacos or HRs are bring built. Monaco has gone "flop" several times including at least once where they shafted their warranty holders. They would not be on my short list.

traccan555
Explorer
Explorer
Answered my own question lol- seems ASV did purchase the HR brand too.

traccan555
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
I'm just glad that Monaco was saved so our coach is not an orphan. Yes, it has new adopted parents and I'm glad that they kept the 'Dynasty' name. When it's time to sell ours, people will know the 'Dynasty' is still being made.

I had to deal with Navistar on couple of occasions with their tech support, they were excellent. I would think ASV would have equal tech support.

MM.

X2- ASV having purchased it shows the brand still has power worth saving. I wonder what happens with Holiday Rambler- are they still making them, and if so, who owns them now?

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just glad that Monaco was saved so our coach is not an orphan. Yes, it has new adopted parents and I'm glad that they kept the 'Dynasty' name. When it's time to sell ours, people will know the 'Dynasty' is still being made.

I had to deal with Navistar on couple of occasions with their tech support, they were excellent. I would think ASV would have equal tech support.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

traccan555
Explorer
Explorer
univmd wrote:
wallynm wrote:
Sure glad we made our last RV purchase in 2002. Have not found anything that makes me want to downgrade to a newer coach. Just returned from a 60 day 6,000 mile trip.Have a nice day.

We have not found anything we would want to downgrade to either. If we're going to go new, we might as well upgrade. I wonder how ASV will differentiate Monaco Dynasty from American Coach Heritage.

IMHO, Motorhomes, like cars, are better today as a result of technology and materials than they were 20 years ago. Almost infinitely. Whether or not they are *put together* with the same concern for quality and care is another question. But if you ask Bob Tiffin or some other CEO's and long-term builders in the industry which is the better machine: a quality-built coach in 1996 or a quality-built coach in 2014, I know what answer you're going to get in 90% of the cases. None of them would want to go back in a time machine except for the nostalgia. The test for the new Dynasty will be how much commitment they put into after-the-sale service and how fast (or slow) they spit them off the line. The fact that they're taking 9 months on order suggests roughly the same approach as Entegra, which isn't a bad thing. That they sent the survey out to owners, and took anything that was mentioned in 70% of the cases and incorporated it, is also a good thing. But, we'll have to wait and see...

MRUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure if the Dynasty is comparable to the Heritage, or the Eagle or the Tradition???
Marc, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
2018 Lincoln MKX toad
EEZ-RV tire pressure monitor

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
wallynm wrote:
Sure glad we made our last RV purchase in 2002. Have not found anything that makes me want to downgrade to a newer coach. Just returned from a 60 day 6,000 mile trip.Have a nice day.

We have not found anything we would want to downgrade to either. If we're going to go new, we might as well upgrade. I wonder how ASV will differentiate Monaco Dynasty from American Coach Heritage.
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT