cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2015 Sightseer 33C

gmatti
Explorer
Explorer
Picking up our new 2015 Winnebago Sightseer 33C this coming Thursday - any words of wisdom appreciated.
Jerry
13 REPLIES 13

gmatti
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished our 300 mile trip home with the new Sightseer 33C.

The coach preformed real well for the first 150 miles in cruise control only reving to about 3,200 on fairly easy hills. The second 150 miles was a different story. Several times the engine raced to above 4,500 on very similar hills. We just kicked it out of cruise control but don't understand the difference?

It is a beautiful coach and we haven't found much of anything that doesn't work yet except the automatic awning binds up when putting out.

I can't for the life of me figure why the manufacturer would build such a nice coach and then put in plastic water faucets, does it save that much money? The storage doors underneath and their catches leave a lot to be desired. It should probably have a cable reel for the electric cable. A tube for the sewer hose would be nice. A rear full width mud flap would make a great extra. The corner cabinet in the bathroom is an accident waiting to happen, it is positioned right over the sink and a great head bumper.

All in all the fit and finish is great, I love the 22.5 tires and the space in such a small coach is incredible. I hope we learn to love this purchase and I guess if I want all the cool stuff we will need to put out another $100,000 to $150,000.
Jerry

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
I did forget to mention that we installed a rear stabilizer bar and a front steer assistant by Henderson. It did wonder a bit before we installed these 2 items. They are 2 easy and fairly inexpensive items to make your drive more comfortable.

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
anitajeff wrote:
We picked up our Sightseer 33C in July 2014 and yes it is a very good coach. I spent time researching the Cheap Handling Fix and then did it, works great. Also, did a rear stabilizer bar and Sumo Springs. Really like the Sumo Springs for the inner city freeways, we have to drive through Los Angeles when we go north and the freeway are really ruff. New kitchen faucet and better lights in the closet. Turned our IPad into a GPS/map system and mounted it under the radio. I installed GPS co-pilot with the map file for 10 bucks. Does not need internet works great and it is a 10 inch screen. I like to know where I am going.

What change did you notice with Sumo springs?

anitajeff
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up our Sightseer 33C in July 2014 and yes it is a very good coach. I spent time researching the Cheap Handling Fix and then did it, works great. Also, did a rear stabilizer bar and Sumo Springs. Really like the Sumo Springs for the inner city freeways, we have to drive through Los Angeles when we go north and the freeway are really ruff. New kitchen faucet and better lights in the closet. Turned our IPad into a GPS/map system and mounted it under the radio. I installed GPS co-pilot with the map file for 10 bucks. Does not need internet works great and it is a 10 inch screen. I like to know where I am going.

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
ENJOY !!!!
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
You will like it. Mine handles like a dream!
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Read about things to make the drive better. Tire inflation is the first. It seems they are always over inflated from dealer. Until you weight to be exact about 85 will probably be ok. Rear trak bar and a steering stabilizer are nice additions. you can go further like some of us by adding air bag systems but not necessary. Last year we were on the road for 120 days and drove from coast to coast and back. Grand total of 17 days driving and the rest parked and living. How it lives is the most important and that C is a lot of room for the length. Enjoy.

gmatti
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the reply's. Having been from Travel Trailers to Fifth Wheels to Class C we are hoping that this Sightseer will be our forever coach. It seems to have the residential feeling that we loved about our Fifth Wheel without all the hassle. I am a little skeptical about the drive but for the price difference between it and a pusher we need to try. We are heading west for two months, visiting 10 National Parks, so we should know by the end of September what we like and don't. Take care, Jerry

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our 33C in 2012 so have had it a few years. Absolutely love it. We did make a few changes to fit our needs and comfort. Below are the things we changed out or added.

You are going to love this coach. It is absolutely the perfect one IMHO

shelving in closet

Recliners

different chairs

added shades to front side windows

Changed out faucets

MagillaGorilla
Explorer
Explorer
Good choice. Wini makes a great coach.

If you can stay over night at the dealer and test out everything while you "camp" at the dealer. If you cant do that try spending a few days living in it while at home. Its a great way to test everything before you need to rely on it.
Magilla

2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral 37' Gasser

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
Film the PDI if you are new to motorhome ownership. Then read your manual. Some dealerships understand certain brands better than others. The dealership we bought our Monaco from was wrong on a few procedures. They are all similar, but have subtle differences. Have fun!
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
ENJOY !!!!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Congratulations!!!! Just enjoy it and make notes as you drive about things you want to add after each trip. Drive safe while you are getting used to the new coach.