cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC leak, help!

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit. I have water leak issues. Last summer, we had a roof leak that stained the ceiling. We had the roof coated and sealed. Now, we went to take it out and the floor exposed under the slide was mush so only the carpet gave any resistance when stepped on. The rear ac is close to in line with the bad floor and the stains on the ceiling run that way. The stain is big, and the camper parks downhill that side. I do not know if the stain is bigger, (I hadn't gotten around to getting the stain out). The floor was solid last summer, after the roof was sealed. Could the rot be from the leak from before then? Or is the roof ac leaking while parked? (No AC running ever.)
Confusing me even more, when we went out on that trip recently, the ac was running the whole time. The ceiling did not get wet where the stain is. BUT, the ceiling directly in front of the ac, about 2 foot away from it (and the coach was half a bubble off- so that was now downhill a bit), had a spot about 9"by 3 inches soaked and dripping ac condensate. It was 90 outside and the drip was ice cold. My sons looked at the ac, and can see no leak. The ac ran all day today, and the ceiling isn't wet. They couldn't find any wet spots. Tomorrow I'm going to lift the back up a half a bubble and see if it drips.
condensate. Any clue why the condensate would drip enough to soak that ceiling carpet? They can't figure it out. Is there a typical problem on these?
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35
10 REPLIES 10

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get some damp-rid in there or a dehumidifier to dry out what is wet. A dry, spongy spot will indicate dry rot and something to consider repairing.
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
Yep

Thanks!
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Yep
Kevin

onrecess
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, my son said the bolts were loose enough to turn by hand. He tightened them hand tight and about 1/8 of a turn with a socket. Is that good?
Tom Anderson
2005 GeorgieBoy 35

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Water intrusion associated with air conditioners is often associated with clogged drip holes from the evaporator coils - that would be my first step. Then check the air conditioner gasket ... often minor tightening of the 4 bolts can resolve problem .... sometimes you have to replace gasket.
Kevin

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œI hadn't gotten around to getting the stain outโ€

Sorry but the stains are the least of your problems. You have wood rot in the floor and ceiling. Walls too Iโ€™ll bet. Get a pro to inspect. Determine if economically feasible to repair.

And likely mold.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
check to see that the A/C is tight to the roof. 4 screws under the inside ceiling cover.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
YouTube how to replace (just want to remove) the AC. It should just be two pieces with 4 bolts. Very easy to remove the top half so it can be resealed. Thatโ€™s the easy part. Rot will be your worst.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Buy or borrow a Moisture Meter and use it to find the extent of the moist area in your walls, floor and ceiling.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œI hadn't gotten around to getting the stain outโ€

Sorry but the stains are the least of your problems. You have wood rot in the floor and ceiling. Walls too Iโ€™ll bet. Get a pro to inspect. Determine if economically feasible to repair.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad