cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aims Power PWR120001212OS

KevinandHarvey
Explorer
Explorer
We are new Class A owners. Was running our furnace and coffee maker and our Pure Sine Inverter warning buzzer sounded a intermittent beep, then constant then shut down. Was I over loading the inverter? Thank you!
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Furnace runs on 12 volts but is a major power sucker. Still no where near the INVERTER when cooking with battery power (making coffee)

The beeps were the "voltage is droping" warning. the shut down was the battery protection circuit. Inverter was not overloaded and was operating as designed.

TO cure

You can try shutting off furnace when brewing your morning cup
Fire up Generator
Add more batteries (I favor GC-2 in pairs as they are six volt and 2 in series make 12) also make sure all connections are clean. I gained about 1 volt under load when I cleaned mine last.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
KevinandHarvey wrote:
We are new Class A owners. Was running our furnace and coffee maker and our Pure Sine Inverter warning buzzer sounded a intermittent beep, then constant then shut down. Was I over loading the inverter? Thank you!

What size inverter? A 1K should run most any coffee maker.
A propane furnace fan, is 12dc and runs directly off of the batteries.
My guess is for low batteries and for whatever reason, if your inverter is of adequate size.
I'm assuming your converter charger is in combo with your inverter and either way, the battery charging function should be checked out firstly.
Using a voltmeter on the batteries and switching the charger off and on should show a difference. Also with the engine's alternator running.
If your batteries are shot, then they're not going to hold a charger, regardless.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
More likely too few batteries that were low on charge.
Alarm was most likely low battery voltage and eventually low voltage shut down.

Overload would shut down immediately.

You may have wanted to post this in "Tech Issues" or "Class A"
Did the forum drop you here when you signed up?

PNW_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us what you have for house batteries and how the inverter is connected?

Wire size and length are important.
2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....