cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air brake problem

jasonwebster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, our car has a problem with the air brake releasing but the brake is still working and the warning appears when in gear.
What should I do now? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe he mis-wrote, and meant that when he releases the MoHo airbrakes, they aren't coming off, so the warning sounds if he puts it in gear. Stuck-on brake. Hit it with a hammer(the brake, not the knob!), see if it releases.

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking he saying he has a air solenoid hook to his brake pedal ????
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Leeblev
Explorer
Explorer
Don't quite understand what you are saying.
I have the air brake connection from MH to toad. I really like it, but a couple of things to be careful about, if yours is like mine.
Make sure that the air cylinder is properly connected to the brake pedal. Improper connection caused the warning light to come on several times for me, till I figured out what was wrong. Make sure the device is not upside down or it won't work right.
Air hose not properly connected between MH and toad. No brakes at all on the toad.
Instructions say to test the brakes after you connect for the day. This entails my wife pumping the brake pedal in the MH while I observe the action of the connection in the toad. A very smart thing to do each time you connect because you will stop a problem before it starts, or you get on the road and find it not working right.
Oh, yes! Don't forget to hook the air hose to the cylinder after installing it in the toad. Brakes won't work if you forget this little detail.
Like I said, I really like this braking device and other than operator error, it works great. Good luck.
Lee

2001 36' Kountry Star DP

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes cars (When towed) can have air brakes.
Mine had electric brakes.. I wish I'd have had an indicator would have saved me several hundred dollars.

There are two types of AIR/Hydraulic brake systems used on cars.
One (M&G as I recall) goes between the brake booster and the brake master cylinder.. This type I'd not expect any issues with nor will the most common indicator work with it.

The other types (There are really two versions of this) either push or pull the pedal, they work the same, the "indicator" is a light hooked to the brake light switch. When thepedal is pushed the light comes on. (Easy isn't it) a very good system I might add.

When they installed it the dealer removed and replaced a plastic panel under the dash.. They put it on shifted to one side. it thus rubbed up against the brake pedal arm and held them on Cost me a full brake job INCLUDING Rotors (OUCH).
I tossed the panel in the trash.

This is just one way to mess up an install. but you need to check it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your car has air brakes? Or is it tied into the air brakes on the MH? The warning appears when the MH or the car is in gear? I have the M&G air system and it works fine.

What is your MH?
What is your braking system?
Your profile is incomplete.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.