cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aladdin tank monitor

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Tank monitor system giving bad readings. Is it possible to reprogram the unit?
Iโ€™m thinking I need to replace the sensors that are out of calibration and if I do will I need to reprogram the system?
Thanks for all you expert advice
5 REPLIES 5

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Reprogramming the system is easy. You can get new sensors from Cat-Con, they are easy to replace. Replace or clean the sensors, and leave the tanks empty, go to the Aladdin screen and find system setup, enter the code 1218 to get into the calibration. You will see what the raw value is reading for the empty tanks, enter that value on the appropriate tanks, then go to full value, it will give you a formula depending on the depth of the tanks, most are 12", calculate and enter that value. Done. I agree the Aladdin readings for the tanks is not completely accurate, but it has been working okay for us in 12 years of full timing in our coach.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was never able to calibrate mine correctly. After several hours of messing with them, I admitted defeat. The sensors are, IMHO in the wrong place and only connected with cheap phone cord. There is a mess of wires behind the right panel in the wet bay. I ended up installing the SeeLevel system and I'm very satisfied with it. While I chose not to have the display inside the coach, it's available. They also have a system that plugs into the Aladdin system but it's about 125 bucks more. Their sensors attach to the OUTSIDE of the tanks eliminating any false readings from TP and gunk in the tanks. If you want to see what it looks like, here is a Clicky...Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Gazelle05
Explorer
Explorer
Black and grey

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, if you replace the sensors you have to calibrate. Bad news is, you have to really have the Calibrate sheet that came in the owners pac of the Motorhome. It has the values for each tank to program. But, you can still calibrate without that sheet. You may have to measure the tanks and there is a chart for assigning the various inputs. This link will help. You may be able to calibrate by inputting the Empty and the FULL according to this link. Alladin has 2 systems. The FULL version and the Jr version. Doug

http://www.tckempke.com/HRNav/Aladdin-System-Users-Guide-05.pdf

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which tanks? Fresh? Black? Grey?