cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Cobra Passport Owners Out There?

Graham_Leach
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 1988 Cobra Passport and I was wondering if there are any other owners of this make/year on RV.NET? My version is the dual twin beds 25' (I think).

Any advice or modification tips for me?

This is my first RV

Graham Leach
graham@leach.com
Whatsapp: 438 406 9076
10 REPLIES 10

rgnprof
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread...we have a 29 ft. 1993 Passport on the Ford E350 - have owned it now for 10+ years (time flies).

I do have most of the manuals...

My biggest frustration really has been the exhaust manifolds - common Ford 460 problem. I had an early problem with the fuel pump but replacing the in-tank one with a genuine Motorcraft finally fixed my problem.

We have made quite a few changes over the years but I have found the coach to be pretty solid overall.

Any questions, let me know.

ryan

Sugar_Shane
Explorer
Explorer
Dld123 wrote:
On your 1993 ford passport...i think mines aporx 28 ft long...what are tge 2 switces for to the left as u walk n front doir and the 2 like them n the bathroom

The one on the left is to the lights on the ceiling between the kitchen and living room, and the one on the right is the porch light. Hope that helped.

I have a 1994 Cobra Passport on a Ford-E350 chassiss

Dld123
Explorer
Explorer
On your 1993 ford passport...i think mines aporx 28 ft long...what are tge 2 switces for to the left as u walk n front doir and the 2 like them n the bathroom

Keldog4511
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm a gal but point taken!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
All of you "Cobra Boy's" should exchange emails/cell phone numbers so you can reach out to one another if and when the need arises. Sounds like a select few owners and looks like you've all found 3-other guys already.

Keldog4511
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I have a 1990 Passport by Cobra Class C on a Ford 350 econoline. I have no manuals and have been sort of struggling but have learned quite a bit. I have to bookmark this because I have never seen another one and never seen another owner!

The configuration is one I have never seen (my first RV was a 1995 Class A Winnebago). This RV uses a chassis battery as storage for running the lights when off of shore power but not powerful enough for the AC. I replaced both batteries. Still learning how it charges. Seems to sometimes charge and sometimes not. It does not have a generator but did at one time. It also has an electric start water heater running on propane. Refrigerator was replaced with an electric smaller fridge which I am okay with. I painted the inside and kept the mauve upholstery.

Nice to see some other owners!
Kelly Wagner Auburndale, Florida

rgnprof
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Graham, I have a '93 Cobra Passport 29' on a Ford E350 with a 460 7.5L engine. I have all the manuals - appliances are covered and the Cobra manual is pretty generic. I have also replaced all my bulbs with LEDS and would definitely agree with the tires! Don't skimp and make sure they aren't too old.

I don't know what engine you have but if it's the Ford 460 then watch out for exhaust manifold problems - these things run hot! And the bolts break leading to exhaust leaks - I've had to replace both exhaust manifolds in my rig. I converted my AC to 134a - not quite as cold as R12 but I'm happy with it. One other issue I had very early with mine were fuel pump issues. I finally figured out the problem and went with a OEM Motorcraft pump nd have not had any more problems.

Have fun!
Ryan

Graham_Leach
Explorer
Explorer
@Cobra21 - Excellent advice! Thank you very much!

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Graham, I have a 1993 Cobra Passport 21' on a Chev. chassis. They are a good
solid unit. I do have all the manuels that came with it. Most are specific to the appliances in them. The Passport manuel is vague to all models without
giving specifics to any of them. Such as; it doesn't tell you how large the holding tanks are, feash water,coach bulb type, or converter specifics.

The only tips I have for you is add a back-up camara, put LED bulbs in the ceiling of the coach, have decent tires on the rig, and the equipment to change a flat. Other than that take it out and have fun!

Brian

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
I tried "search the forums" then "advanced search."

Used "cobra passport" as key words, "archive" to get old posts, and "Class C" as forum.

There's a campground network called "Passport America" and talk about "Do I need a Passport to cross Canada going to Alaska?"

Filtering out very old posts about Cobra Passport RV's, I came up with two currently active OP's: Cobra21 and RgnProf. I knew Rgn's chassis is 1993 but forgot his coach is a Cobra Passport. Looked up Cobra21 and his is 1983. These guys'll help you if they can.

The good news is the Class C chassis is a common Ford or Chevy, so the fact the House is Cobra doesn't really matter. And, Appliances, plumbing, etc. are commonly used in many brands of RV's. So you can find Operator and Service manuals for whatever you have. Chris Bryant runs website bryantrv and he has lots of manuals out there.

Finding an actual "Cobra Passport" owner's manual is unlikely (bad news) but there's good news too: Many of those owner manuals are so vague and generic that they provide very little detailed help.

The "House" (RV body) is pretty generic too. Get yours tested for water leaks. Water causes rot and rot destroys RV's.

But above all: It's an RV! Enjoy!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB