cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one have new replacement level leg jacks

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Our motor home has the troublesome Atwood “level legs”electric leveling jacks. Atwood was purchased by Dometic and believe level legs now belongs lippert. There is a generation of the leveling jacks to replace the old unsupported ones. Interested if anyone has had the original level legs replaced with the new generation and if so how are they performing.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

gatorcq
Explorer
Explorer
WAFlowers please do a search.
As for the new Level Legs, those are obsolete, as they were called Levelegs with sensors.
So, will someone post the info.

Currently I have been in discussion and visited Bullseye Leveling in Logansports, IN.

We talked in length of jacks, controls, and good and bad reviews.
For the jacks. Here is my report, currently not included is the NEW controller to be released later this month.

Atwood level-Legs Replacement System
As many 2007 thru 2008 Alfa and other manufacture's of Rv, Owners realize, our current leveling system has reached it’s end of life.

Up until 2015, spare parts could still be widely found on the internet. The last spare items I was able to find was the shear pin and spur gear utilized on the mechanical level leg. As of now, I cannot locate even the spur gear. Yes it is possible to contact Leisure CoachWorks, for a new 10k level leg, but at a cost of $1800, but even they will run out of spare parts.

My goal was to locate a new supplier, similar system for our Alfa’s. I am pleased to announce a company name Bullseye Leveling Link-Press-Here, which has been in business since 2004, creating electric leveling system.

I have discussed our situation with Alan Brink, regional Direct Sales & Support. Alan, can be reached at 574-727-5795.

The level leg is a mechanical single Jack-Screw system, capable of lifting over 60,000 lbs. The level legs can be equipment, with 3 different DC motors: 6k, 9k, 12k or a special order for a 15k electric motor. For our Alfa’s currently I would recommend the 12K, front and rear.

The jacks use a single Ball and Jack Screw system, where the Atwood, system comprised 2 different systems. The gearbox is located in a metal housing, whereas the Atwood was plastic and contain a mechanical clutch.

The electronics’ consist of 2 modules: Control board and keypad module. In the pass there have been reported failures and customer issues with the existing system. Bullseye Level has changed their approach, from outsourcing (sub-contractor, who supplied Atwood), to a new in-house design and patented system.

At the time of this writing, a new electronic control and keyboard assembly will be coming out in September. The system will include a new software control processor. A new feature incorporated is a circuit that will detect a hard stop condition (Leg Fully Retracted) faster than the old Atwood Level-Legs system. This will protect a premature failure of the gearbox. There will be both a visual and audible alarm system, to warn of jacks extended prior to driving away. Under discussion is 1 or 3 year warranty on the control and keypad module.

Systems can be ordered directly from Bullseye. The current cost for a 4 leg system, is less than $3000. Plus installation, based on your installer. Installation instructions can be view online.

For further discussion, please PM
Dale & Susan
DaGirls II Rv - Dakota & Tilly Traveling Companions.
2008 Alfa Gold, 2015 Ford F150 XLT
Roadmaster and Air Brake System
1600 Watts, Magnum Inv/Chg&Solar
800 Lithium Battery
DaGirslRV Blog

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
There is a company that repairs and rebuilds the old Atwood controller. It was posted recently in one of the Tiffin Facebook groups I'm in. I don't think it was the group I administer so probably Tiffin Motorhome Owners Group or Tiffin Technical . If you want I could search for it.
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
accsys wrote:
We had our old system replaced by Tiffin with the new four-wire system four years ago. With the exception of one front jack that failed almost immediately, they have worked flawlessly through over 100 stops and leveling sequences. However, it is my understanding that parts for the Atwoods are not being manufactured anymore by anyone. Lippert has for the most quit even talking about them.

We get our replacement Atwoods from Tiffin. They still have a few.
Another source may be the Newmar factory parts dept. Doug

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
We had our old system replaced by Tiffin with the new four-wire system four years ago. With the exception of one front jack that failed almost immediately, they have worked flawlessly through over 100 stops and leveling sequences. However, it is my understanding that parts for the Atwoods are not being manufactured anymore by anyone. Lippert has for the most quit even talking about them.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

philandterri
Explorer
Explorer
My control board went bad on my Levelegs put new system on Big FOOT.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The NEW replacement Legs have 4(2 plugs) wires. The original just had 2 wires. The NEW jacks will work for the OLD system, you just do not connect the extra 2 wires. Jacks are available, what is NOT available is the main control module(not the dash touch pad). IF the Main module is bad, nothing can be done, you have to replace the complete system or wire each jack to a toggle type switch and manually operate the jacks. Doug

PS, I would go to the Tiffin owners group web and look thru their postings or ask the question. Tiffin years ago had a Factory upgrade program for Tiffin owners(you had to pay for the upgrade). I have never met or heard of anyone that did the upgrade. Very few OEM's(I don't know of any) are using the new Atwood jacks, so it is hard to find answers.