cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Know of a Class C With This Floorplan?

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
I found a floor plan I like but it's in a Class A and I was wondering if anyone had seen this in a Class C. I've scoured the Internet and can't find one.

This is a 24ft 2003 R-Vision Trail Lite motorhome with a rear corner bed, sofa and two chairs with a foldable table between them.

Here's one on Craigslist (this link might be gone) https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/d/davenport-2003-vision-trail-lite-24ft/7062719826.html

Here's a photo of the sofa and chairs:

https://imgur.com/a/E9B8l7I

This is a nice RV but I'd prefer a Class C for the crash safety aspects.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES 14

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Jedidad, I just want to point out one thing that I noticed. The shower design in that floorplan plumbed the shower head and water lines on the outside wall opposed to the warmer interior wall next to the bed .
Naturally it will only be a potential problem if the temps drop too low, that area will probably be the first to freeze up as it has for some people with that design.
You would have to try to protect that side of the rv by not facing that wall into the wind during a cold spell.
Just be aware of it because a freeze causing a cracked line or more likely a cracked plastic fitting would be a difficult repair.

Good to know. Thanks.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jedidad, I just want to point out one thing that I noticed. The shower design in that floorplan plumbed the shower head and water lines on the outside wall opposed to the warmer interior wall next to the bed .
Naturally it will only be a potential problem if the temps drop too low, that area will probably be the first to freeze up as it has for some people with that design.
You would have to try to protect that side of the rv by not facing that wall into the wind during a cold spell.
Just be aware of it because a freeze causing a cracked line or more likely a cracked plastic fitting would be a difficult repair.

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
Katman1100 wrote:
I think the bornfree 26RSB fits pretty close, and has the benefit of the roll cage built in. Attached is a link with lots of good pics. Not my rv just first one I found.
Bornfree 26RSB

Awesome, that's exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
A good point above on outlet duck locations for the furnace.

Also, many Class C motorhomes have either the furnace and/or water heater appliances taking up valuable space underneath dinette or coach seats, which robs you of large storage spaces. You might want to check where these appliances are installed before you buy.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
ron, wrote:
My brother is considering a brand new Coachman Pursuit 27XPS

Ron, just something to be aware of if heating it is important to your brother. Look for the heat duct locations.
The furnace is on the drivers side. If it's a 'usual Coachmen build' the heat ducts will all probably run on the drivers side as well which would mean there is no heat in the passenger side bathroom . If that's the case the heat duct would be under the drivers side shower pan into the hallway with another duct pointing into the bedroom which will result in minimal heat in the passenger side bath area with a closed door.
Normally during the summer its not an issue but I had to use an electric heater on cool days when I had a similar arrangement.
The space in the bath was limited and had to use a mini 400w plug into the socket heater (no cord model).
400w socket heater
The bathroom water lines will have to run across the coach and it might take a little longer for the hot water to get to that bathroom sink compared to the kitchen sink. Being a boondocker I need to conserve and collect that water. 😉

Katman1100
Explorer
Explorer
I think the bornfree 26RSB fits pretty close, and has the benefit of the roll cage built in. Attached is a link with lots of good pics. Not my rv just first one I found.
Bornfree 26RSB

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
My brother is considering a brand new Coachman Pursuit 27XPS. CLICK HERE for the floor plan and specs. He says dealers are selling brand new 2020 models for $65,000. With a little negotiation, I wonder if one could be had for $59,000. Model 27XPS has no slideouts and measures exactly 29 feet end-to-end. The beauty of it is the full living room and a rear walk-around queen size bed.

Coachman (especially the entry level Pursuit) is known for "Affordability", not high level quality.

LOG
Explorer
Explorer
The Chinook Glacier had a similar floorplan. The difference being there is no bed in the rear, that area being the galley. The sofa made into a bed. They were produced from 2003 to 2006. They are a high quality Class C or B+ and they have a high resell price. More than most are willing to pay for a Class C that old. For the model you are interested in, the floor plan was called the Club Plan.
LOG
2005 Chinook Glacier

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Jedidad,

I agree with you in that a class C (and B+) are safer in a frontal crash. They would also be safer in a side-impact crash into the van doors, but every motorhome manufacture cuts the van's roof as shown which significantly weakens the door frame where the seat belts attach. The door frame and all, pivots in towards the person sitting there. The saving grace with the tall-sitting van is that most vehicle bumpers will impact the floor where it is also stronger. But the rig in a roll-over would be surely be threatening.

Regarding the class A example you provided, I really doubt it is 24 feet long. You might want to add a couple feet to that number....maybe even more.

Our rig CLICK HERE TO SEE IT true measurements is 23'-8" long. It is not much different than the floor plan you seek, but with a reduced living area. We ordered ours without a slideout, but most Phoenix Cruiser 2350s made, have one. BTW: If you are counting inches like we did for fitting the rig in our garage, the Ford van of the current style with the dump truck look, was introduced in 2008. It is 3" longer than our 2007.

Jedidad
Explorer
Explorer
DrewE wrote:

(For what it's worth, basically no motorhome has very good safety in a serious crash, if only because there's a whole lot of stuff inside that can come loose in a crash and go flying all around.)

Yeah, you're right but I'm thinking about front end crash survival. I'm thinking a C would be better than an A.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
DrewE wrote:
If you find one with a dinette where the chairs and folding table are, and there's no RV systems hiding in the dinette base, it should be pretty straightforward to replace the dinette with chairs and a drop leaf. That ought to open up the possibilities some.

(For what it's worth, basically no motorhome has very good safety in a serious crash, if only because there's a whole lot of stuff inside that can come loose in a crash and go flying all around.)

Here's what the inside of our traveling friends' 24 foot Class C looked like after it was totaled by being hit from the side (no serious injuries ... Thank Heavens):

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jedidad wrote:
I found a floor plan I like but it's in a Class A and I was wondering if anyone had seen this in a Class C. I've scoured the Internet and can't find one.

This is a 24ft 2003 R-Vision Trail Lite motorhome with a rear corner bed, sofa and two chairs with a foldable table between them.

Here's one on Craigslist (this link might be gone) https://orlando.craigslist.org/rvs/d/davenport-2003-vision-trail-lite-24ft/7062719826.html

Here's a photo of the sofa and chairs:

https://imgur.com/a/E9B8l7I

This is a nice RV but I'd prefer a Class C for the crash safety aspects.

Thanks.

Here's the Winnebago brochure on our 24 foot 2005 Itasca 24V Class C containing that model's specifications and floor plans. Notice that on Page 5 they show a floor plan option with a dinette in the rear, a sofa in the middle that can be made into a bed, and the usual Class C overhead cab bed:
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/brochure/2005/05-Spirit-bro.pdf

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you find one with a dinette where the chairs and folding table are, and there's no RV systems hiding in the dinette base, it should be pretty straightforward to replace the dinette with chairs and a drop leaf. That ought to open up the possibilities some.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2001 Itasca Spirt 24V, the floor plan was very similar. It had the dinette in the right tear corner that could be made into a bed, and a gaucho across from the entry door.

Dusty