cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Started to look into some water damage in the kitchen of our 83 Pace Arrow. The more I looked, the more I found. I have some pics of the damage so far. Anyone interested in following a rebuild thread?
If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.
8,452 REPLIES 8,452

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Can you figure this out by the pictures?

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
George Beggs wrote:
fulltimin wrote:
Today, was productive, albeit, I didn't do much. I accomplished what I set out to do. That was to cut the pieces of insulation I need to pretty much finish the walls.

So, what you see here is the cut pieces just standing in place. They are not glued into place yet, and I had not planned on doing that today.

I just wanted to get them ready, and I did, so next time I go out there, I can glue them into place. Yay!

So, yea, that was it for today. Not exciting in one way, but exciting in another.

Not exciting, because it was not an extreme amount of work. Exciting, because that almost finished up the wall insulation!

I hope that you run the wiring for the lights, fans, etc. before you seal up the walls.

Absolutely NOT! All the wiring and plumbing will be run inside after the walls are sealed and up. Wiring will be protected, however, against accidental contact.

I don't want un-necessary holes in the walls and ceiling, to allow air and water infiltration.

Hopefully, access will never be needed, but I won't have to tear the walls apart to access those items, if I have to.

George_Beggs
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimin wrote:
Today, was productive, albeit, I didn't do much. I accomplished what I set out to do. That was to cut the pieces of insulation I need to pretty much finish the walls.

So, what you see here is the cut pieces just standing in place. They are not glued into place yet, and I had not planned on doing that today.

I just wanted to get them ready, and I did, so next time I go out there, I can glue them into place. Yay!

So, yea, that was it for today. Not exciting in one way, but exciting in another.

Not exciting, because it was not an extreme amount of work. Exciting, because that almost finished up the wall insulation!

I hope that you run the wiring for the lights, fans, etc. before you seal up the walls.
George & Linda
2007 Bounder 35E
Ford V10

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
And now, for a $150 thousand dollar teardrop trailer, which also happens to be a "woody" .......

More details available ... Here.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Sometimes when you are working, we have a tendency to judge things by our perceptions instead of reality.

What does that mean?

I was marking some insulation so I knew where to cut it, and as I looked at it after measuring and marking, I said to myself, "that can't be right".

Here is what I was looking at. The red arrows show the line I had made after measuring from the end of the insulation.

The yellow lines, shows where the bottom of the Lowes logo is. They don't match. I must have measured wrong.

So, I grabbed my tape measure again, and measured again. Nope, the measurement was correct. Turns out, the logo was crooked! Lol.

Duh! Sometimes we assume (ass-u-me), that some things are level, square, or plumb, and they are not.

So, I had measured correctly, then I cut it, and put that piece of insulation where it belonged.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Here's a shot of the holes I am filling up with insulation. The plywood flooring is laying on top of the joists, so the top of it is 3/4" above steel framing you see here.

The insulation slides between the wall plywood and the floor plywood.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
mike brez wrote:
fulltimin wrote:
And this is what I did today. All of this insulation is now glued in place on the drivers side. Yay!

I still need to fill in the edges with spray foam insulation to fully seal the wall inside the steel framing. However, that will be a lot easier than gluing the foam board to the wall.

Just one more step in the process of rebuilding the coach.

Nice collection of flies

Thanks! Lol. Not nearly as many as I was expecting. When I put that up, we had an overabundance of them. About the time I put that up, most of them disappeared, without taking a walk on the sticky side.

Bummer. Lol. I need to take that down.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimin wrote:
And this is what I did today. All of this insulation is now glued in place on the drivers side. Yay!

I still need to fill in the edges with spray foam insulation to fully seal the wall inside the steel framing. However, that will be a lot easier than gluing the foam board to the wall.

Nice collection of flies
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
STBRetired wrote:
fulltimin wrote:
Would this look too weird, if I borrowed this theme for the outside of my motorhome?

Could be an interesting look. Would definitely be different from your run of the mill MH. Some of that clear POR 15 should hold up to the weather if it holds up to the UV exposure. Now I just wonder how you will re-fashion the front cap to match that nose. That's gonna really put your fabricating skills to the test.

Yea, that front nose isn't getting changed! Lol. The siding and roof, is an interesting design, though. Unlikely that's going to occur. Too much work!

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
fulltimin wrote:
Would this look too weird, if I borrowed this theme for the outside of my motorhome?

Could be an interesting look. Would definitely be different from your run of the mill MH. Some of that clear POR 15 should hold up to the weather if it holds up to the UV exposure. Now I just wonder how you will re-fashion the front cap to match that nose. That's gonna really put your fabricating skills to the test.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Whatca gonna do, whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do, when your chair falls apart?

Well, ya have a couple o' choices.

1. Throw it out and buy another.

2. Fix it.

I chose # 2.

I dragged out the welder, and proceeded to weld the parts of the chair where the steel was cracked.

This is an office type chair, and not one that costs $59.99 to replace! Lol.

Once again, that little welder, saved my bacon! Lol.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad
Victory402 wrote:
Looks great, I have an 86 pace arrow and have enjoyed reading the entire thread.

Thank you! For your sake, I sure hope your coach is in much better shape than this one was.

Absolutely amazing how much damage there was, when it didn't look nearly that bad on the inside! Lol.

Victory402
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great, I have an 86 pace arrow and have enjoyed reading the entire thread.

fulltimin
Nomad
Nomad