cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Know About the Winnebago 25B?

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm now considering one of these new. I'd appreciate opinions from anyone who has actually seen one or owns one. My local dealers don't have one in stock. My wife likes the dinette being on the passenger side which is pretty hard to find in a small RV. Not to start a war but I'd also appreciate hearing about handling differences between the Ford and Chevy Chassis with this particular model. I know all about the other differences like cab and weights.
I am NOT a mechanic although I do play one in my garage!
7 REPLIES 7

randrx2
Explorer
Explorer
ol'yeller, good to here. Funny thing is, we are looking at an 05 Cambria 26A! Seller is asking too much for us though.
When someone says, "I'm not book smart, I'm street smart." All I hear is, "I'm not real smart, I'm imaginary smart."

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
We looked at one and was not as impressed as we had hoped. The wife actually liked the smaller Minnie Winnie better but we found the dinette in both to be uncomfortable to sit in. It did seem to be somewhat lower quality than other, older Winnies we looked at. We settled upon a 2008 Aspect 26A which met most of our wants and also has a touch of luxury we weren't expecting. The even better news was that it cost a lot less than the new 25B. Our first trip out last week was a roaring success!

randrx2
Explorer
Explorer
ol'yeller, this is not your typical Winnebago. When they first started producing these they were cheap. They had either a TPO or EDPM roof before they switched to fiberglass. The drawer slides were cheap (I think they fixed those), and the overall build quality was subpar. They improved slightly, but there are still some issues. Just look at one to understand what I mean. Cosmetically, they are "pretty", but they skimped on the behind the scenes type things. There is only a LP water heater (no option for electric), the tanks are not enclosed, there is no fiberglass front shell. Great floor plan though. We want this model, but they need to offer these items for us to consider it.
When someone says, "I'm not book smart, I'm street smart." All I hear is, "I'm not real smart, I'm imaginary smart."

ol__yeller
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll be dipped! When did they sneak that one in there? I'll take a run out there and look for myself. I'm curious about another comment here, Did they stop offering this on a Chevy chassis? That would also eliminate choosing between the 2. I'm about a month from pulling the trigger so I'll probably have to order one but that is great news. My wife has to see it to believe it.

I'd still appreciate any additional comments from anyone who has one. We only need room for the 2 of us and the geriatric Beagle, and the occasion trip with the small grandkids.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Roy Robinson has one in stock in Marysville. You can check their website to see what their stock is.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 25B and love it. It is the perfect size for the kind of camping experience I want. The permanent bed along with the sofa make all the difference for me. I don't have to reconfigure anything. I have the Chevy chassis and had to travel far to find one new in the fall of 2013 since they had stopped using them on the 25B. The cab has more leg room, especially to move in and out. The ride is very comfortable and the handling is good. I travel with 2 basset hounds. I have put 5000 miles on it.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
We have friends who purchased the Itasca Spirit 25B which is the twin to the Winnebago Minnie Winnie 25B. They downsized from a 35' Winnebago Adventurer and seem to like they new 25B. Check for a Itasca dealer in your area maybe they will have the Spirit 25B in stock. Dick