Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone towing a pontoon with their coach

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
After being out for a while ,the grandkids decided we need a camper
I purchased an 05 winnebago adventure in the workhorse chassis

We have a 22 ft poonton boat we would like to take with us occasionally.
I understand finding a good ramp.but wondering how the coach will handle the boat.

Also in ine of my storage boxes there is a small.boat style winch ,what would it be used for
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2Bargos wrote:
After being out for a while ,the grandkids decided we need a camper
I purchased an 05 winnebago adventure in the workhorse chassis

We have a 22 ft poonton boat we would like to take with us occasionally.
I understand finding a good ramp.but wondering how the coach will handle the boat.

Also in ine of my storage boxes there is a small.boat style winch ,what would it be used for

Why not hook it up and try it out. Your question is like asking us what YOU would like for dinner tonight.
Pulled a surf boat, probably double the weight of your toon lotsa miles with an early Ford V10 class a.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
I'm my own 3 ring circus at the boat ramp with a pickup. Would be a 5 or 6 ring circus trying to back with that greater disparity of wheel bases.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
I would be a little concerned if you have a pontoon scissor trailer. Pretty narrow wheelbase to be that far back out of sight/mind.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
I can't speak to a pontoon boat, but our Winnebago Sightseer does great with our boat. Tracks great, and with the rear view camera launching is pretty easy as long as I can keep it straight going down the ramp. Only had one ramp that I had to winch it up, as the week we were there the lake dropped enough and I didn't want risk getting the generator (back of the RV) wet.
I'm curious what is your total length and how to you deal with getting around at gas stations?
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I,v seen class A,s in Az pulling and launching pontoons no problems. that I seen . one guy drove down the ramp turned side ways and backed it right into the water. like he done it lot of times.

Y-Guy
I can't speak to a pontoon boat, but our Winnebago Sightseer does great with our boat. Tracks great, and with the rear view camera launching is pretty easy as long as I can keep it straight going down the ramp. Only had one ramp that I had to winch it up, as the week we were there the lake dropped enough and I didn't want risk getting the generator (back of the RV) wet.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
likely to winch in one or all slides.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle