cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone traveling yet

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have been ready to go since end of Feb. First destination is still closed and not much sense in going unless we can see the sites along the way
101 REPLIES 101

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have more than one house and have spent most of our time out here at our country house with nothing but cows for neighbors. Itโ€™s about 60mi to our house we built about 5 years ago in the city close to all the medical facilities. Nothing here but dying like flies over there so we are at the farm. Took the DP to service shop yesterday and told him we had to be ready to go June 1. Have reservations in WV 10 June and if that works out we will start to get going as much as we can. Want to head out West in the fall. Virus needs to go

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
zb39 wrote:
Just booked 7 nights at Disney world for July................

Wear a mask and stay away from the shoulder to shoulder crowded places. Disney World would be the last place I would go to. Too many people. My son who lives in Miramar, Florida says the virus is still every where, but the governor wants to open everything up.

and this virus like other viruses will continue to exist.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I`m headed to Stevens Point WI. next weekend. I`m not going to hang in any crowded places. just want to sit outside with a different view than what our house offers from the last 2 months.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dedmiston
The BLM just opened the areas that they had closed north of Mojave at Jawbone Canyon and Dove Springs. This is probably the last weekend to see any wildflowers before it gets too hot and dry.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:

Wear a mask and stay away from the shoulder to shoulder crowded places. Disney World would be the last place I would go to. Too many people. My son who lives in Miramar, Florida says the virus is still every where, but the governor wants to open everything up.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
RayChez wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some want us to believe.

I agree that if that is what you want to do, GO FOR IT! And go to a party where everybody there want their freedom and hug each other and we will watch to see what happens to you guys. White house did not believe either, now it has hit home and everybody is wearing masks (except) you know who. Tough guy!

The more "ginny pigs" ,the better it is for all of us.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
We are being cautious now that things are starting to open we are heading out of az and heading north

we left Mesa nearly 2-weeks ago and headed for home in the Chicago burbs. where are you headed?
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
NY Gov Cuomo was just on the news saying, of the recent covid hospitalizations in his state, 66% of the patients came from home while 18% came from nursing homes. My math says that works out to 84% of patients have been in "lock down". Seems to me that staying home, as everyone is telling us to do, is the leading cause of contracting the covid virus. Maybe the CDC doesn't know every thing.

If you don't want to go outside then don't. But don't get on me and others for our decision to go camping and venture outside, to live our lives. It's still a free country despite what some want us to believe.

I agree that if that is what you want to do, GO FOR IT! And go to a party where everybody there want their freedom and hug each other and we will watch to see what happens to you guys. White house did not believe either, now it has hit home and everybody is wearing masks (except) you know who. Tough guy!
2017 Buick Envision

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Wear a mask and stay at least six feet away from other people. Most of us are retired folks and over fifty, so it seems like the virus hits the elderly more then the teenagers, even though we have had several young people dying from the Coronavirus. So use common sense and don't do as our politician suggest. There are the minority that will believe anything, like the person in Kansas that injested Clorox and ended up in the ER. We are not in any rush, we are in our stick house very safe and comfortable. Would like to travel, but most the National parks and even our private resorts are still close. So I am hoping maybe by August things might be under control with the virus. Lots of people are starting to run out of money and are worried about the losses in the stock market, but is it worth your life?
Be smart and use the Lysol for sterilizing the places you touch the most on your motor home.
2017 Buick Envision

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
please delete
Rich
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

H___E
Explorer
Explorer
We were planning a trip to the northeast to depart June7th. I have already canceled reservations. I believe we can be as safe traveling as at home, perhaps more so. A trip to the store was scary-the people not keeping safe distance, not wearing mask or gloves. Store not keeping carts and door handles clean. We normally travel with another couple. Both of our coaches are ready to depart.

We will depart as soon as the COE and federal/state parks open for camping.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Andy F wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty.
While I truly appreciate your service, if you decided to approach me you would be hard-pressed to get me to interact. I would not appreciate your lack of care for my well-being.

Dave

Inappropriate and misguided comment Dave. We are taking all appropriate measures including having you call in your reports instead of face to face contact.

Why didn't you say so in the first place instead of sounding aggrieved post haste?

Somebody needs some fresh air. LOL

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Andy F wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I am a 25 year Law Enforcement veteran and none of us at my 138+ sworn member agency are wearing masks while on duty.
While I truly appreciate your service, if you decided to approach me you would be hard-pressed to get me to interact. I would not appreciate your lack of care for my well-being.

Dave

Inappropriate and misguided comment Dave. We are taking all appropriate measures including having you call in your reports instead of face to face contact.

Why didn't you say so in the first place instead of sounding aggrieved post haste?

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:

Dave

Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17