cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aqua 400D hot water heater problem

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Tiffin 2015 Allegro Bus 37AP recent purchase. The manual says there is a switch above drivers side seat to activate for heat. I can’t find this switch! We are in S. Texas now and it is cold. Regular air units have kept warmuntil now 32 degrees. I am on 50 amp shore power and have tried with Diesel engine running. All I get is cold air. There is a electronic looking panel next to the front of the actual tank below. It is not lighting up. I need to turn this on. Can anyone shoot me some info?
5thhand
9 REPLIES 9

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
5thhand wrote:
I am finding that I need the gas heat on to operate fans for the floor vents on the Aqua system. Does this sound right? Inam not getting as much heat otherwise!

Yes, that is true. Later(newer) model Tiffins the Spyder states Aqua Hot Furnace Heat. But for older the Gas listing is for the Aqua Hot floor furnace. Did you not get the large Blue owners manual packet that Tiffin supplies with all their motorhomes? It has ALL the appliance operations in it. NOT the generic TIFFIN manual. It will have about 30 appliance manuals in it also.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
C20 wrote:
Doug,
What would be the advantage of running both the electric and diesel at the same time?
Thanks

OK, you really need to get the Owners manual for the 400.

1. Electric is for keeping the Tank fluid HOT.
2. Electric is for running the Furnace heating system
3. Electric is usually included in your CG fees
4. Diesel is for when you do NOT have 120 Shore power and you need hot water for the faucets and furnace system
5. Diesel is REQUIRED for Continous supply of Hot Water for showers and such. The 120 cannot supply continous hot water for Showers and washing.
6. Electric and Diesel have temp shut off switches and will not run all the time.

http://www.aquahot.com/files/owners_manual/LTE-907-608.pdf

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
I am finding that I need the gas heat on to operate fans for the floor vents on the Aqua system. Does this sound right? Inam not getting as much heat otherwise!
5thhand

5thhand
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, figured it out!
5thhand

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Doug,
What would be the advantage of running both the electric and diesel at the same time?
Thanks
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/electronics/2015_spyder_bus.pdf

This is the Bus which is almost identical to the Phaeton above. Doug

PS. Electric Water Heater button and Diesel Water Heater buttons are for the Aqua Hot. Electric turns on the Aqua Hot 120 and Diesel turns on the Burner. You can run BOTH at the same time.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
https://www.rvtechlibrary.com/electronics/2015_spyder_phaeton.pdf

Page 2 where it says HALL LCD is where you will see Diesel Heater switch. Your year model is when Tiffin was starting to integrate the Spyder control system on all their models. Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The pic Biscuit shows is above the drivers seat on the sidewall. BUT! Do you have the Electronic control system in the hallway by the bath for system controls. It will be a 7 inch LCD screen OR a touch pad like the rest of the wall touch button controls. THIS screen or touch pad is where you activate the Aqua Hot system and also the Roof AC/Heat Pumps. If you have a touch pad, then the roof AC/HP is controlled by the RVP wall tstats. That outside control panel you see is the Control board FOR the Aqua Hot and is turned on by the interior wall switches. There is no way to activate the system from outside. If you look at this link, the large board behind the man is what the various touch controls look like. Doug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVY6GmO1_4

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Should be in the overhead cabinet above drivers seat

Looks like this
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31