cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

at5050xl exhaust

hermosilloleos
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 03 Winnebago with a Caterpillar 330 hr diesel pusher.
We would like to replace the factory muffler with the Aero AT5050XL, it should improve gas mileage, run cooler Etc.
I have seen one posting regarding this upgrade.
Any comments will be appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

aztortuga
Explorer
Explorer
There is quite a bit of information regarding your question on the "Caterpillar engine forum" included in the irv2 forums. I installed one on my c7 cat engine and realized a small gain in fuel mileage. The biggest gain for me was getting heat out of the engine compartment. It will have a louder noise level also. Check it out on the recommended forum and see other comments. Not much fuel gain for the price but most owners do like them.

islandvagabonds
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Fleetwood Discovery of the same year and freigthliner chassis. At 35000 miles the exhoust system had burn through holes at the first bend after the engine. The result was melted wiring and charred wood framwork under the bed. Really thoughly check out the piping. I replaced all of mine with stanless and had it wrapped with foil covered insuation to reduce the reflective heat in the tight area in front of the engine.
I know a lot of RV fires are attributed to fridges and propane but our scenario has to be the next probablility.

Hope this helps you and others save your rig and your family.