cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Jacks/Levellers issue

Dale2000
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the typical issue with Atwood levellers, where I have a red&green light flashing at one specific leveller (rear-passenger side). Thankfully, the internet/web is full of things to check, and even has the manual to go through, with a Troubleshooting portion. I've tried disconnecting the offending jack...which by the way, is the newest jack (has the 4 wires) and still has the tags on it from new, reconnected and did what the manual said to do to rid myself of the error issue, with no positive results.
My question is, if it could be the Controller or the Keypad? I have set up an appointment at an RV service centre, but thought I would try and figure this out on my own if possible, as the appointment isn't for another 2 weeks.

I know some have switched out to an HWH or other system, but up to this point my levellers have been working just fine. All levellers are at the top, and I can get the drivers side to go up and down, but the levellers on the passenger side do nothing when trying to manually lower them. Nothing happens when I choose the 'Auto'...where they use to all go down just fine in this manner. The connector on the offending jack looks just fine, but I haven't checked to see if 12V is going to it. I thought I'd ask if anyone has any other ideas as to what the possible issue might be (open to all opinions/suggestions). I get no other LED lights that shouldn't be on, other than the two offending 'red/green' blinking and the audible beeping.
Seems to be a full 12V and no 'wait' lights on. With the levellers not working correctly, it affects the air bags as well. To move the coach, I disconnected the keypad to stop the audible beeping...but that as well affects the air bags (put the E-brake on and N and the air bags deflate, and every time I put my foot on the brake when driving, the levellers ratchet!
2008 Tiffin Phaeton - 360 Cummins
2 REPLIES 2

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
Add me to the list of people that have replaced the Atwood Leveling System on their rig. After 9 seasons of issues, I had the complete Atwood system removed and replaced with an HWH Auto-Level system in September 2018. This season has been enjoyable not having to worry about multiple issues with the jacks.
The new system that was installed was not cheap, but definitely worth the cost!!
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Hope you can get them fixed. Our Atwoods gave up the ghost this spring by breaking the 2 rear jacks while trying to level the coach.

Caused the coach to "buck" wildly tossing us up and down in the front seats like rag dolls till I hit the on/off switch. I was able to retract them then and that was the last I used them. We switched out to a Quaddra Big Foot system. So far we are liking them. I do like that now I have a switch to dump the air where before it was done solely by the Levelegs system.

Incidentally, we looked all over for new jacks to replace our broken ones and were told by a former Tiffin employee that it was likely the controller that failed and caused the jacks to break. So not only would we have to buy jacks, but a controller. Very hard to find (almost impossible) parts. So bit the bullet and bought a new system. Our warranty plan paid for about half of it though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/