cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Camera

Dooitslo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Jayco Greyhawk and experienced a recent electrical issue. I am appealing to anyone that can help because I'm not ready to pay $145.00 hr labor to tell me something that is simple to fix. We set up camp and used auto leveler with no issue. When we prepared to leave the levelers would not work, control panel would not light up. I contacted Bigfoot and the tech told me to check the solenoid behind the house battery rack. A 10 amp fuse was blown. First fuse I replaced blew right away, the second made it possible to raise the jacks. We did notice however that the backup camera monitor/radio was out. It rained quite a bit the day prior to living the RV park.IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THE BACKUP CAMERA SHORTED OUT DUE TO THE RAIN AND IT AFFECTED THE AUTO LEVELER SYSTEM? IF SO, CAN I JUST DISCONNECT THE BACKUP CAMERA AND JUST USE THE THE RADIO? ANY ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
2 REPLIES 2

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems unlikely that the camera and the leveling system would be on one 10 amp fuse. IF it were me I would investigate the camera. Is there a cover to remove, can you disconnect the wiring at the camera

and then put in a fuse to see if it blows. Shorts can be troublesome, you need to start at what you think may be the source. It sounds like water is the issue.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
You need to tell us what the 2 fuses you changed were for, besides the levels and camera. It's unlikely that an external backup camera took in water to the point of blowing a fuse. Possible but not likely the cause- I'd focus my energy elsewhere.

Also try a mobile rv mechanic. I use and post reviews at http://www.rvservicereviews.com/
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.